- Quick Start Guide
- PCB Assembly/Reflow & Packaging
- Application Notes
- Simulation Tools
- Reliability Report
- Materials Declaration & RoHS Compliance
- Purchase Demo Board
LTM4618 - 6A DC/DC μModule Regulator with Tracking and Frequency Synchronization
- Complete Standalone Power Supply
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4.5V to 26.5V
- 6A DC Typical, 8A Peak Output Current
- 0.8V to 5V Output
- Output Voltage Tracking
- ±1.75% Maximum Total DC Error
- Current Mode Control/Fast Transient Response
- Phase-Lockable Fixed Frequency 250kHz to 780kHz
- On-Board Frequency Synchronization
- Selectable Burst Mode® Operation
- Power Good Voltage Indicator
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Output Current Foldback Limiting
- 9mm × 15mm × 4.32mm LGA Package
The LTM4618 is a complete 6A output switching mode DC/DC power supply in a 9mm × 15mm × 4.32mm LGA package. Included in the package are the switching controller, power FETs, inductor and all support components. Operating over an input voltage range of 4.5V to 26.5V, the LTM4618 supports an output voltage range of 0.8V to 5V set by a single external resistor. Its high efficiency design delivers 6A continuous current (8A peak). Only a few input and output capacitors are needed.
High switching frequency and a current mode architecture enable a very fast transient response to line and load changes without sacrificing stability. The device supports frequency synchronization and output voltage tracking for supply rail sequencing. Burst Mode operation or pulse-skipping mode can be selected for light load operations.
Fault protection features include overvoltage protection, overcurrent protection and foldback current limit for short-circuit protection.
The LTM4618 is Pb-free and RoHS compliant.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprint which can be converted for use with most popular CAD tools. Download and install the free Ultra Librarian Reader (72Mb) to convert the .bxl file to the format appropriate for your CAD tool
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
9mm x 15mm x 4.32mm LGA
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1472A||LTM4618EV Demo Board | 26V, 6A Step-down uModule Regulator with Tracking||$65.00|
- Telecom and Networking Equipment
- Storage Cards
- ATCA Cards
- Industrial Equipment
- Point of Load Regulation
- Medical Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM4628 - Dual 8A or Single 16A DC/DC uModule Regulator
- LTM4627 - 15A DC/DC uModule Regulator
- LTM4613 - EN55022B Compliant 36VIN, 15VOUT, 8A, DC/DC uModule Regulator
- LTM4620 - Dual 13A or Single 26A DC/DC µModule Regulator
- LTM8023 - 2A, 36V DC/DC uModule
- LTM4606 - Ultralow EMI 28VIN, 6A DC/DC uModule
- LTM8033 - Ultralow Noise EMC 36VIN, 3A DC/DC uModule Regulator
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTM4619 - Dual, 26VIN, 4A DC/DC uModule Regulator
- LTM4601 - 12A uModule Regulator with PLL, Output Tracking and Margining
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV