- Quick Start Guide
- PCB Assembly/Reflow & Packaging
- Application Notes
- Simulation Tools
- Reliability Report
- Materials Declaration & RoHS Compliance
- Purchase Demo Board
LTM4618 - 6A DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator with Tracking and Frequency Synchronization
- Complete Standalone Power Supply
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4.5V to 26.5V
- 6A DC Typical, 8A Peak Output Current
- 0.8V to 5V Output
- Output Voltage Tracking
- ±1.75% Maximum Total DC Error
- Current Mode Control/Fast Transient Response
- Phase-Lockable Fixed Frequency 250kHz to 780kHz
- On-Board Frequency Synchronization
- Selectable Burst Mode® Operation
- Power Good Voltage Indicator
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Output Current Foldback Limiting
- 9mm × 15mm × 4.32mm LGA and 9mm × 15mm × 4.92mm BGA Packages
The LTM®4618 is a complete 6A output switch mode DC/DC power supply. Included in the package are the switching controller, power FETs, inductor and all support components. Operating over an input voltage range of 4.5V to 26.5V, the LTM4618 supports an output voltage range of 0.8V to 5V set by a single external resistor. Its high efficiency design delivers 6A continuous current (8A peak). Only a few input and output capacitors are needed.
High switching frequency and a current mode architecture enable a very fast transient response to line and load changes without sacrificing stability. The device supports frequency synchronization and output voltage tracking for supply rail sequencing. Burst Mode operation or pulseskipping mode can be selected for light load conditions.
Fault protection features include overvoltage protection, overcurrent protection and foldback current limit for short-circuit protection.
The LTM4618 is offered in 9mm × 15mm × 4.32mm LGA and 9mm × 15mm × 4.92mm BGA packages with RoHS compliant terminal finish.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
|LTM4618EV#PBF||15mm × 9mm × 4.32mm LGA||LGA||E||05-08-1842||Yes|
|LTM4618EY#PBF||15mm x 9mm x 4.92mm BGA||BGA||E||05-08-1674||Yes|
|LTM4618IV#PBF||15mm × 9mm × 4.32mm LGA||LGA||I||05-08-1842||Yes|
|LTM4618IY#PBF||15mm x 9mm x 4.92mm BGA||BGA||I||05-08-1674||Yes|
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|LTM4618EV#PBF||15mm × 9mm × 4.32mm LGA||E||$16.14||$11.30||Yes|
|LTM4618EY#PBF||15mm x 9mm x 4.92mm BGA||E||$17.09||$11.96||Yes|
|LTM4618IV#PBF||15mm × 9mm × 4.32mm LGA||I||$17.76||$12.43||Yes|
|LTM4618IY#PBF||15mm x 9mm x 4.92mm BGA||I||$18.70||$13.09||Yes|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1472A||LTM4618EV Demo Board | uModule Regulator, 4.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 26.5V, Vout = Prog 1.2V to 5V @ 6A||$65.00|
- Telecom and Networking Equipment
- Storage Cards
- ATCA Cards
- Industrial Equipment
- Point of Load Regulation
- Medical Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM4628 - Dual 8A or Single 16A DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LTM4644 - Quad DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator with Configurable 4A Output Array
- LTM4613 - EN55022B Compliant 36VIN, 15VOUT, 8A, DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LTM4627 - 15A DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LTM8052/LTM8052A - 36VIN, 5A, 2-Quadrant CVCC Step-Down μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTM4641 - 38V, 10A DC/DC µModule (Power Module) Regulator with Advanced Input and Load Protection
- LTM8027 - 60V, 4A DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LTM4620 - Dual 13A or Single 26A DC/DC µModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LTM8023 - 2A, 36V DC/DC Step-Down μModule (Power Module) Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
To open the project file for this circuit:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTpowerCAD on this computer, download and install LTpowerCAD
- Step 2: Once LTpowerCAD is installed, click on the link(s) below to open the project file
- Step 3: If LTpowerCAD does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can open the project file by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTpowerCAD and open the project file by selecting 'Open Project' from the 'File' menu
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: