- Quick Start Guide
- PCB Assembly/Reflow & Packaging
- Application Notes
- Simulation Tools
- Reliability Report
- Materials Declaration & RoHS Compliance
- Purchase Demo Board
LTM4616 - Dual 8A per Channel Low VIN DC/DC µModule
- Complete Dual DC/DC Regulator System
- Input Voltage Range: 2.7V to 5.5V
- Dual 8A Outputs, or Single 16A Output with a 0.6V to 5V Range
- Output Voltage Tracking and Margining
- ±1.75% Total DC Output Error (–55°C to 125°C)
- Current Mode Control/Fast Transient Response
- Power Good Tracking and Margining
- Overcurrent/Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Onboard Frequency Synchronization
- Spread Spectrum Frequency Modulation
- Multiphase Operation
- Selectable Burst Mode® Operation
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- RoHS Compliant with Pb-Free Finish, Gold Finish LGA (e4) or SAC 305 BGA (e1)
- Small Surface Mount Footprint, Low Profile
(15mm × 15mm × 2.82mm) LGA and
(15mm × 15mm × 3.42mm) BGA Packages
The LTM®4616 is a complete dual 2-phase 8A per channel switch mode DC/DC power regulator system in a 15mm × 15mm surface mount LGA or BGA package. Included in the package are the switching controller, power FETs, inductor and all support components. Operating from an input voltage range of 2.7V to 5.5V, the LTM4616 supports two outputs within a voltage range of 0.6V to 5V, each set by a single external resistor. This high efficiency design delivers up to 8A continuous current (10A peak) for each output. Only bulk input and output capacitors are needed, depending on ripple requirement. The part can also be configured for a 2-phase single output at up to 16A.
The low profile package enables utilization of unused space on the back side of PC boards for high density point-ofload regulation.
Fault protection features include overvoltage protection, overcurrent protection and thermal shutdown. The power module is offered in space saving and thermally enhanced 15mm × 15mm × 2.82mm LGA and 15mm × 15mm × 3.42mm BGA packages. The LTM4616 is RoHS compliant with Pb-free finish.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprint which can be converted for use with most popular CAD tools. Download and install the free Ultra Librarian Reader (72Mb) to convert the .bxl file to the format appropriate for your CAD tool
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
15mm x 15mm x 2.8mm LGA, 15mm × 15mm × 3.42mm BGA
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1245A||LTM4616EV | Low Voltage Dual 8A or Single 16A uModule Regulator||$65.00|
- Telecom, Networking and Industrial Equipment
- Storage and ATCA, PCI Express Cards
- Battery Operated Equipment
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM4628 - Dual 8A or Single 16A DC/DC uModule Regulator
- LTM4620 - Dual 13A or Single 26A DC/DC µModule Regulator
- LTM4619 - Dual, 26VIN, 4A DC/DC uModule Regulator
- LTM4627 - 15A DC/DC uModule Regulator
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTM4601 - 12A uModule Regulator with PLL, Output Tracking and Margining
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTM4615 - Triple Output, Low Voltage DC/DC uModule Regulator
- LTM4606 - Ultralow EMI 28VIN, 6A DC/DC uModule
- LT3083 - Adjustable 3A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV