- Quick Start Guide
- PCB Assembly/Reflow & Packaging
- Application Notes
- Simulation Tools
- Reliability Report
- Materials Declaration & RoHS Compliance
- Purchase Demo Board
LTM4612 - EN55022B Compliant 36VIN, 15VOUT, 5A, DC/DC μModule Regulator
- Complete Low EMI Switch Mode Power Supply
- EN55022 Class B Compliant
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 5V to 36V
- 3.3V to 15V Output Voltage Range
- 5A DC, 7A Peak Output Current
- Low Input and Output Referred Noise
- Output Voltage Tracking and Margining
- Power Good Tracks with Margining
- PLL Frequency Synchronization
- ±1.5% Set Point Accuracy
- Current Foldback Protection (Disabled at Start-Up)
- Parallel/Current Sharing
- Ultrafast Transient Response
- Current Mode Control
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Output Overvoltage Protection –55°C to 125°C Operating Temperature Range
- Small Surface Mount Footprint, Low Profile (15mm × 15mm × 2.8mm) LGA Package
The LTM®4612 is a EN55022 Class B certified high voltage input and output, 5A switching mode DC/DC power supply. Included in the package are the switching controller, power FETs, inductor and all support components. Operating over an input voltage range of 5V to 36V, the LTM4612 supports an output voltage range of 3.3V to 15V, set by a single resistor. Only bulk input and output capacitors are needed to finish the design.
High switching frequency and an adaptive on-time current mode architecture enables a very fast transient response to line and load changes without sacrificing stability.
The onboard input filter and noise cancellation circuits achieve low noise coupling, thus effectively reducing the electromagnetic interference (EMI)—see Figures 4 and 8. Furthermore, the DC/DC μModule® regulator can be synchronized with an external clock to reduce undesirable frequency harmonics and allow PolyPhase® operation for high load currents.
The LTM4612 is offered in a space saving and thermally enhanced 15mm × 15mm × 2.8mm LGA package, which enables utilization of unused space on the bottom of PC boards for high density point-of-load regulation. The LTM4612 is Pb-free and RoHS compliant.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprint which can be converted for use with most popular CAD tools. Download and install the free Ultra Librarian Reader (72Mb) to convert the .bxl file to the format appropriate for your CAD tool
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
15mm x 15mm x 2.8mm LGA
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1297B||LTM4612EV Demo Board | EN55022B Compliant 36V, 5A DC/DC uModule Regulator||$65.00|
- Telecom and Networking Equipment
- Industrial and Avionic Equipment
- RF Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM4613 - EN55022B Compliant 36VIN, 15VOUT, 8A, DC/DC uModule Regulator
- LTM8026 - 36VIN, 5A CVCC Step-Down uModule Regulator
- LTM8052/LTM8052A - 36VIN, 5A, 2-Quadrant CVCC Step-Down uModule Regulator
- LTM8027 - 60V, 4A DC/DC uModule Regulator
- LTM4620 - Dual 13A or Single 26A DC/DC µModule Regulator
- LTM4606 - Ultralow EMI 28VIN, 6A DC/DC uModule
- LTM8033 - Ultralow Noise EMC 36VIN, 3A DC/DC uModule Regulator
- LTM4607 - 36Vin, 24Vout High Efﬁciency Buck-Boost DC/DC uModule
- LTM8048 - 3.1VIN to 32VIN Isolated uModule DC/DC Converter with LDO Post Regulator
- LTC4370 - Two-Supply Diode-OR Current Balancing Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV