- Quick Start Guide
- PCB Assembly/Reflow & Packaging
- Application Notes
- Simulation Tools
- Reliability Report
- Materials Declaration & RoHS Compliance
- Purchase Demo Board
LTM4608 - 8A, Low VIN DC/DC µModule (Power Module) with Tracking, Margining, Multiphase and Frequency Synchronization
- Complete Standalone Power Supply
- ±1.5% Output Voltage Regulation
- 2.7V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
- 8A DC, 10A Peak Output Current
- 0.6V Up to 5V Output
- Output Voltage Tracking and Margining
- Power-Good Tracking and Margining
- Multiphase Operation
- Parallel Current Sharing
- Onboard Frequency Synchronization
- Spread Spectrum Frequency Modulation
- Overcurrent/Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Current Mode Control/Fast Transient Response
- Selectable Burst Mode® Operation
- Up to 95% Efficiency
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Small Surface Mount Footprint, Low Profile (15mm × 9mm × 2.8mm) LGA Package
The LTM4608 is a complete 8A switch mode DC/DC power supply. Included in the package are the switching controller, power FETs, inductor and all support components. Operating over an input voltage range of 2.7V to 5.5V, the LTM4608 supports an output voltage range of 0.6V to 5V, set by a single external resistor. This high efficiency design delivers up to 8A continuous current (10A peak). Only bulk input and output capacitors are needed.
The low profile package (2.8mm) enables utilization of unused space on the back side of PC boards for high density point-of-load regulation. The high switching frequency and a current mode architecture enable a very fast transient response to line and load changes without sacrificing stability. The device supports frequency synchronization, programmable multiphase and/or spread spectrum operation, output voltage tracking for supply rail sequencing and voltage margining.
Fault protection features include overvoltage protection, overcurrent protection and thermal shutdown. The power module is offered in a compact and thermally enhanced 15mm × 9mm × 2.8mm LGA package. The LTM4608 is Pb-free and RoHS compliant.
For easier PC board layout and assembly due to increased spacing between land grid pads, please refer to the LTM4608A.
|LTM4608A||Smaller pad sizes provide more distance between adjacent pads therefore there is less chance of solder paste or solder spreading outside the pad area|
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
|LTM4608EV#PBF||15mm × 9mm × 2.82mm LGA||LGA||E||05-08-1808||Yes|
|LTM4608IV#PBF||15mm × 9mm × 2.82mm LGA||LGA||I||05-08-1808||Yes|
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|LTM4608EV#PBF||15mm × 9mm × 2.82mm LGA||E||$17.15||$11.30||Yes|
|LTM4608IV#PBF||15mm × 9mm × 2.82mm LGA||I||$18.86||$12.43||Yes|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Telecom, Networking and Industrial Equipment
- Storage Systems
- Point of Load Regulation
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM4608A - Low VIN, 8A DC/DC μModule (Power Module) with Tracking, Margining, and Frequency Synchronization
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTM4628 - Dual 8A or Single 16A DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LTM4644 - Quad DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator with Configurable 4A Output Array
- LT1764A - 3A, Fast Transient Response, Low Noise, LDO Regulators
- LT1963A Series - 1.5A, Low Noise, Fast Transient Response LDO Regulators
- LTM4627 - 15A DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LTM4616 - Dual 8A per Channel Low VIN DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: