- Quick Start Guide
- PCB Assembly/Reflow & Packaging
- Application Notes
- Simulation Tools
- Reliability Report
- Materials Declaration & RoHS Compliance
- Purchase Demo Board
LTM4606 - Ultralow EMI 28VIN, 6A DC/DC μModule Regulator
- Complete Low EMI Switch Mode Power Supply
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4.5V to 28V
- 6A DC Typical, 8A Peak Output Current
- 0.6V to 5V Output Voltage Range
- EN55022 Class B Certified
- Output Voltage Tracking and Margining
- PLL Frequency Synchronization
- ±1.75% Total DC Error
- Power Good Output
- Current Foldback Protection (Disabled at Start-Up)
- Parallel/Current Sharing
- Current Mode Control
- Up to 93% Efficiency at 5VIN, 3.3VOUT
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- –55°C to 125°C Operating Temperature Range (LTM4606MP)
- SnPb or RoHS Compliant Finish
- 15mm × 15mm × 2.82mm LGA Package
15mm × 15mm × 3.42mm BGA Package
The LTM®4606 is a complete EN55022 Class B certified noise high voltage 6A switching mode DC/DC power supply. Included in the package are the switching controller, power FETs, inductor, and all support components. The on-board input filter and noise cancellation circuits achieve low noise operation, thus effectively reducing the electromagnetic interference (EMI). Operating over an input voltage range of 4.5V to 28V, the LTM4606 supports an output voltage range of 0.6V to 5V, set by a single resistor. This high efficiency design delivers 6A continuous current (8A peak). Only bulk input and output capacitors are needed to finish the design.
High switching frequency and an adaptive on-time current mode architecture enables a very fast transient response to line and load changes without sacrificing stability. The device supports output voltage tracking and output voltage margining.
Furthermore, the μModule® regulator can be synchronized with an external clock for reducing undesirable frequency harmonics and allows PolyPhase® operation for high load currents.
The LTM4606 is offered in space saving 15mm × 15mm × 2.82mm LGA and 15mm × 15mm × 3.42mm BGA packages. The LTM4606 is available with SnPb (BGA) or RoHS compliant terminal finish.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprint compatible with Mentor Graphics PADS® v9.5 or later, and Cadence ORCAD® v16.5 or later.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
15mm x 15mm x 2.8mm LGA, 15mm x 15mm x 3.42mm BGA
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1295B||LTM4606EV Demo Board | EN55022B Compliant, 4.5V ≤ VIN ≤28V, VOUT = 0.6V to 5V @ 6A||$65.00|
- ASICs or FPGA Transceivers
- Telecom, Servers and Networking Equipment
- Industrial Equipment
- RF Equipment
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM4613 - EN55022B Compliant 36VIN, 15VOUT, 8A, DC/DC uModule Regulator
- LTM4612 - Ultralow Noise 36VIN, 15VOUT, 5A, DC/DC uModule Regulator
- LTM8032 - EN55022B Compliant 36V, 2A DC/DC μModule Regulator
- LTM8033 - Ultralow Noise EMC 36VIN, 3A DC/DC μModule Regulator
- LTM4609 - 36VIN, 34VOUT High Efficiency Buck-Boost DC/DC μModule Regulator
- LTM4628 - Dual 8A or Single 16A DC/DC uModule Regulator
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTM8031 - Ultralow Noise EMC 36V, 1A DC/DC uModule Regulator
- LTM8026 - 36VIN, 5A CVCC Step-Down uModule Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
The LTpowerCAD II design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: