- Quick Start Guide
- PCB Assembly/Reflow & Packaging
- Application Notes
- Simulation Tools
- Reliability Report
- Materials Declaration & RoHS Compliance
- Purchase Demo Board
LTM4604 - Low Voltage, 4A DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator with Tracking
- Complete Standalone Power Supply
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.375V to 5.5V
- 4A DC, 5A Peak Output Current
- 0.8V to 5V Output
- Output Voltage Tracking
- ±2% Maximum Total DC Output Error
- UltraFastTM Transient Response
- Current Mode Control
- Current Foldback Protection, Parallel/Current Sharing
- Small and Very Low Profile Package: 15mm × 9mm × 2.32mm LGA
The LTM®4604 is a complete 4A switch mode step-down μModule® (power module) regulator. Included in the package are the switching controller, power FETs, inductor and all support components. Operating over an input voltage range of 2.375V to 5.5V, the LTM4604 supports an output voltage range of 0.8V to 5V, set by a single resistor. This high efficiency design delivers up to 4A continuous current (5A peak). Only bulk input and output capacitors are needed to complete the design.
The low profile package (2.32mm) enables utilization of unused space on the bottom of PC boards for high density point of load regulation. High switching frequency and a current mode architecture enable a very fast transient response to line and load changes without sacrificing stability. The device supports output voltage tracking for supply rail sequencing.
Fault protection features include foldback current protection, thermal shutdown and a programmable soft-start function. The LTM4604 is offered in a RoHS compliant 15mm × 9mm × 2.32mm LGA package.
For easier PC board layout and assembly due to increased spacing between land grid pads, please refer to the LTM4604A.
|LTM4604A||Smaller pad sizes provide more distance between adjacent pads therefore there is less chance of solder paste or solder spreading outside the pad area|
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
|LTM4604EV#PBF||15mm × 9mm × 2.32mm LGA||LGA||E||05-08-1807||Yes|
|LTM4604IV#PBF||15mm × 9mm × 2.32mm LGA||LGA||I||05-08-1807||Yes|
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|LTM4604EV#PBF||15mm × 9mm × 2.32mm LGA||E||$12.90||$8.50||Yes|
|LTM4604IV#PBF||15mm × 9mm × 2.32mm LGA||I||$14.19||$9.35||Yes|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Telecom and Networking Equipment
- Servers, ATCA Cards
- Industrial Equipment
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM4604A - Low Voltage, 4A DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator with Tracking
- LTM4620 - Dual 13A or Single 26A DC/DC µModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LTM4644 - Quad DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator with Configurable 4A Output Array
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTM4609 - 36VIN, 34VOUT High Efficiency Buck-Boost DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LTM4628 - Dual 8A or Single 16A DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LT3083 - Adjustable 3A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC4365 - Overvoltage, Undervoltage and Reverse Supply Protection Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: