- Quick Start Guide
- PCB Assembly/Reflow & Packaging
- Application Notes
- Simulation Tools
- Reliability Report
- Materials Declaration & RoHS Compliance
- Purchase Demo Board
LTM4604 - Low Voltage, 4A DC/DC μModule® Regulator with Tracking
- Complete Standalone Power Supply
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.375V to 5.5V
- 4A DC, 5A Peak Output Current
- 0.8V to 5V Output
- Output Voltage Tracking
- ±2% Total DC Error
- UltraFast™ Transient Response
- Current Mode Control
- Current Foldback Protection, Parallel/Current Sharing
- Small and Very Low Profile Package:
15mm × 9mm × 2.3mm LGA
The LTM4604 is a complete 4A switch mode DC/DC power supply. Included in the package are the switching controller, power FETs, inductor and all support components. Operating over an input voltage range of 2.375V to 5.5V, the LTM4604 supports an output voltage range of 0.8V to 5V, set by a single resistor. This high efficiency design delivers up to 4A continuous current (5A peak). Only bulk output capacitors are needed to complete the design.
The low profile package (2.3mm) enables utilization of unused space on the bottom of PC boards for high density point of load regulation. High switching frequency and a current mode architecture enable a very fast transient response to line and load changes without sacrificing stability. The device supports output voltage tracking for supply rail sequencing.
Fault protection features include foldback current protection, thermal shutdown and a programmable soft-start function. The LTM4604 is offered in a space saving and thermally enhanced 15mm × 9mm × 2.3mm LGA package and is Pb free and RoHS compliant.
For easier PC board layout and assembly due to increased spacing between land grid pads, please refer to the LTM4604A.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprint which can be converted for use with most popular CAD tools. Download and install the free Ultra Librarian Reader (72Mb) to convert the .bxl file to the format appropriate for your CAD tool
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
15mm x 9mm x 2.3mm LGA
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Telecom and Networking Equipment
- Servers, ATCA Cards
- Industrial Equipment
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM4620 - Dual 13A or Single 26A DC/DC µModule Regulator
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1963A Series - 1.5A, Low Noise, Fast Transient Response LDO Regulators
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTM4613 - EN55022B Compliant 36VIN, 15VOUT, 8A, DC/DC uModule Regulator
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTM4612 - Ultralow Noise 36VIN, 15VOUT, 5A, DC/DC uModule Regulator
- LTM4604A - Low Voltage, 4A DC/DC uModule Regulator with Tracking
- LTM4609 - 36VIN, 34VOUT High Efficiency Buck-Boost DC/DC uModule
- LTM4606 - Ultralow EMI 28VIN, 6A DC/DC uModule
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV