- Quick Start Guide
- PCB Assembly/Reflow & Packaging
- Application Notes
- Simulation Tools
- Reliability Report
- Materials Declaration & RoHS Compliance
- Purchase Demo Board
LTM4603HV - 6A, 28VIN DC/DC μModule (Power Module) with PLL, Output Tracking and Margining
- Complete Switch Mode Power Supply
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4.5V to 28V
- 6A DC Typical, 8A Peak Output Current
- 0.6V to 5V Output Voltage
- Output Voltage Tracking and Margining
- Remote Sensing for Precision Regulation
- Typical Operating Frequency: 1MHz
- PLL Frequency Synchronization
- 1.5% Regulation
- Current Foldback Protection (Disabled at Start-Up)
- Pin Compatible with the LTM4601/LTM4601HV/ LTM4603
- Ultrafast Transient Response
- Current Mode Control
- Up to 93% Efficiency at 5VIN, 3.3VOUT
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- RoHS Compliant Package with Gold Finish Pads (e4)
- Small Footprint, Low Profile (15mm × 15mm × 2.82mm) Surface Mount LGA Package
The LTM®4603HV is a complete 6A step-down switch mode DC/DC power supply with onboard switching controller, MOSFETs, inductor and all support components. The μModuleTM is housed in a small surface mount 15mm × 15mm × 2.82mm LGA package. Operating over an input voltage range of 4.5 to 28V, the LTM4603HV supports an output voltage range of 0.6V to 5V as well as output voltage tracking and margining. The high efficiency design delivers 6A continuous current (8A peak). Only bulk input and output capacitors are needed to complete the design.
The low profile (2.82mm) and light weight (1.7g) package easily mounts on the unused space on the back side of PC boards for high density point of load regulation. The μModule can be synchronized with an external clock for reducing undesirable frequency harmonics and allows PolyPhase® operation for high load currents.
A high switching frequency and adaptive on-time current mode architecture deliver a very fast transient response to line and load changes without sacrificing stability. An onboard remote sense amplifier can be used to accurately regulate an output voltage independent of load current.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
|LTM4603HVEV#PBF||15mm × 15mm x 2.82mm LGA||LGA||E||05-08-1801||Yes|
|LTM4603HVIV#PBF||15mm × 15mm x 2.82mm LGA||LGA||I||05-08-1801||Yes|
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|LTM4603HVEV#PBF||15mm × 15mm x 2.82mm LGA||E||$24.99||$16.47||Yes|
|LTM4603HVIV#PBF||15mm × 15mm x 2.82mm LGA||I||$26.38||$17.38||Yes|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1083A-B||LTM4603HVEV Demo Board||$65.00|
- Telecom and Networking Equipment
- Industrial Equipment
- Point of Load Regulation
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM4606 - Ultralow EMI 28VIN, 6A DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LTM4603 - 6A DC/DC μModule (Power Module) with PLL, Output Tracking and Margining
- LTM4613 - EN55022B Compliant 36VIN, 15VOUT, 8A, DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LTM4618 - 6A DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator with Tracking and Frequency Synchronization
- LTM8027 - 60V, 4A DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LTM4612 - Ultralow Noise 36VIN, 15VOUT, 5A, DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LTM4628 - Dual 8A or Single 16A DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LTM4619 - Dual, 26VIN, 4A DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LTM8052/LTM8052A - 36VIN, 5A, 2-Quadrant CVCC Step-Down μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LTM8026 - 36VIN, 5A CVCC Step-Down μModule (Power Module) Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: