- Quick Start Guide
- PCB Assembly/Reflow & Packaging
- Application Notes
- Simulation Tools
- Reliability Report
- Materials Declaration & RoHS Compliance
- Purchase Demo Board
LTM4600HV - 10A, 28VIN High Efficiency DC/DC µModule (Power Module)
- Complete Switch Mode Power Supply
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4.5V to 28V
- 10A DC, 12A Peak Output Current
- Parallel Two μModule™ DC/DC Converters for 20A Output Current
- 0.6V to 5V Output Voltage
- 1.5% Output Voltage Regulation
- Ultrafast Transient Response
- Current Mode Control
- –55°C to 125°C Operating Temperature Range (LTM4600HVMPV)
- RoHS Compliant Package with Gold Pad Finish (e4)
- Up to 92% Efficiency
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Optional Short-Circuit Shutdown Timer
- Small Footprint, Low Profile (15mm × 15mm × 2.82mm) LGA Package
The LTM®4600HV is a complete 10A, DC/DC step down power supply with up to 28V input operation. Included in the package are the switching controller, power FETs, inductor, and all support components. Operating over an input voltage range of 4.5V to 28V, the LTM4600HV supports an output voltage range of 0.6V to 5V, set by a single resistor. This high efficiency design delivers 10A continuous current (12A peak), needing no heat sinks or airflow to meet power specifications. Only bulk input and output capacitors are needed to finish the design.
The low profile package (2.82mm) enables utilization of unused space on the bottom of PC boards for high density point of load regulation. High switching frequency and an adaptive on-time current mode architecture enables a very fast transient response to line and load changes without sacrificing stability. Fault protection features include integrated overvoltage and short circuit protection with a defeatable shutdown timer. A built-in soft-start timer is adjustable with a small capacitor.
The LTM4600HV is packaged in a compact (15mm × 15mm) and low profile (2.82mm) over-molded Land Grid Array (LGA) package suitable for automated assembly by standard surface mount equipment. The LTM4600HV is RoHS compliant.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
|LTM4600HVEV#PBF||15mm × 15mm x 2.82mm LGA||LGA||E||05-08-1800||Yes|
|LTM4600HVIV#PBF||15mm × 15mm x 2.82mm LGA||LGA||I||05-08-1800||Yes|
|LTM4600HVMPV#PBF||15mm × 15mm x 2.82mm LGA||LGA||MP||05-08-1800||Yes|
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|LTM4600HVEV#PBF||15mm × 15mm x 2.82mm LGA||E||$27.32||$18.00||Yes|
|LTM4600HVIV#PBF||15mm × 15mm x 2.82mm LGA||I||$30.05||$19.80||Yes|
|LTM4600HVMPV#PBF||15mm × 15mm x 2.82mm LGA||MP||$46.19||$36.95||Yes|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC823B-B||LTM4600HV Demo Board | 28V, 10A Step-Down Power uModule Regulator||$65.00|
- Telecom and Networking Equipment
- Military and Avionics Systems
- Industrial Equipment
- Point of Load Regulation
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM4641 - 38V, 10A DC/DC µModule (Power Module) Regulator with Advanced Input and Load Protection
- LTM4600 - 10A High Efficiency DC/DC μModule (Power Module)
- LTM4613 - EN55022B Compliant 36VIN, 15VOUT, 8A, DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LTM4607 - 36Vin, 24Vout High Efﬁciency Buck-Boost DC/DC μModule (Power Module)
- LTM4628 - Dual 8A or Single 16A DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LTM8052/LTM8052A - 36VIN, 5A, 2-Quadrant CVCC Step-Down μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LTM8026 - 36VIN, 5A CVCC Step-Down μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LTM8062 - 32VIN, 2A μModule (Power Module) Power Tracking Battery Charger
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: