LTM2884 - Isolated USB Transceiver with Isolated Power
- Isolated USB Transceiver: 2500VRMS for 1 Minute
- UL-CSA Recognized File #E151738
- USB 2.0 Full Speed and Low Speed Compatible
- Integrated Isolated DC/DC Converter, External or Bus Powered
- Auto-Configuration of Bus Speed
- 2.5W (500mA at 5V) Output Power from External Input Supply (VCC = 8.6V to 16.5V)
- 1W (200mA at 5V) Output Power from USB Bus Supply (VBUS)
- 3.3V LDO Output Supply Signal References VLO, VLO2
- High Common Mode Transient Immunity: 30kV/μs
- ESD: ±15kV HBM on USB Interface Pins
- 15mm × 15mm × 5mm Surface Mount BGA Package
The LTM®2884 is a complete galvanically isolated USB 2.0 compatible μModule® (micromodule) transceiver. An upstream supply powers both sides of the interface through an integrated, isolated DC/DC converter.
The LTM2884 is ideal for isolation in host, hub, bus splitter or peripheral device applications. It is compatible with USB 2.0 full speed (12Mbps) and low speed (1.5Mbps) operation. Automatic speed selection configures integrated pull-up resistors on the upstream port to match those sensed on the downstream device.
The isolator μModule technology uses coupled inductors and an isolated power transformer to provide 2500VRMS of isolation between the upstream and downstream USB interface. This device is ideal for systems requiring isolated ground returns or large common mode voltage variations. Uninterrupted communication is guaranteed for common mode transients greater than 30kV/μs.
Enhanced ESD protection allows this part to withstand up to ±15kV (human body model) on the USB transceiver interface pins to local supplies and ±15kV through the isolation barrier to supplies without latch-up or damage.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
|LTM2884CY#PBF||15mm x 15mm x 5.02mm BGA||BGA||C||05-08-1881||Yes|
|LTM2884HY#PBF||15mm x 15mm x 5.02mm BGA||BGA||H||05-08-1881||Yes|
|LTM2884IY#PBF||15mm x 15mm x 5.02mm BGA||BGA||I||05-08-1881||Yes|
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|LTM2884CY#PBF||15mm x 15mm x 5.02mm BGA||C||$24.76||$17.33||Yes|
|LTM2884HY#PBF||15mm x 15mm x 5.02mm BGA||H||$32.71||$22.90||Yes|
|LTM2884IY#PBF||15mm x 15mm x 5.02mm BGA||I||$27.29||$19.10||Yes|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1789A||LTM2884 Demo Board | Isolated USB Transceiver with Power||$75.00|
|LTP2884||In-line USB Isolator||$150.00|
- Isolated USB Interfaces
- Host, Hub, or Device Isolation
- Industrial/Medical Data Acquisition
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTM2881 - Complete Isolated RS485/RS422 μModule Transceiver + Power
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTM2883 - SPI/Digital or I2C μModule Isolator with Adjustable ±12.5V and 5V Regulated Power
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC2983 - Multi-Sensor High Accuracy Digital Temperature Measurement System
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download:
- LTspice - A powerful SPICE simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators
- LTpowerCAD - A complete power supply selection, synthesis and design tool
- LTpowerPlay - A development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products
- PScope & QuikEval - USB-based product demonstration and data acquisition system for use with our ADCs, DACs, and more
- Linduino - Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code
- LinearLab Tools - A collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards
- And More!