LTM2883 - SPI/Digital or I2C μModule Isolator with Adjustable ±12.5V and 5V Regulated Power
- 2500VRMS for One Minute per UL1577
- UL Recognized ® File #E151738
- Isolated Adjustable DC Power:
3V to 5V at Up to 30mA
±12.5V at Up to 20mA
- No External Components Required
- SPI (LTM2883-S) or I2C (LTM2883-I) Options
- High Common Mode Transient Immunity: 30kV/μs
- High Speed Operation:
10MHz Digital Isolation
4MHz/8MHz SPI Isolation
400kHz I2C Isolation
- 3.3V (LTM2883-3) or 5V (LTM2883-5) Operation
- 1.62V to 5.5V Logic Supply
- ±10kV ESD HBM Across the Isolation Barrier
- Maximum Continuous Working Voltage: 560VPEAK
- Low Current Shutdown Mode (<10μA)
- Low Profile (15mm × 11.25mm × 3.42mm) BGA Package
The LTM®2883 is a complete galvanic 6-channel digital μModule® (micromodule) isolator. No external components are required. A single 3.3V or 5V supply powers both sides of the interface through an integrated, isolated DC/ DC converter. A logic supply pin allows easy interfacing with different logic levels from 1.62V to 5.5V, independent of the main supply.
Available options are compliant with SPI and I2C (master mode only) specifications.
The isolated side includes ±12.5V and 5V nominal power supplies, each capable of providing more than 20mA of load current. Each supply may be adjusted from its nominal value using a single external resistor.
Coupled inductors and an isolation power transformer provide 2500VRMS of isolation between the input and output logic interface. This device is ideal for systems where the ground loop is broken, allowing for a large common mode voltage range. Communication is uninterrupted for common mode transients greater than 30kV/μs.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
15mm × 11.25mm × 3.42mm BGA
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1748A-A||LTM2883-3S SPI uModule Isolator Demo Board (3.3V Supply).||$50.00|
|DC1748A-B||LTM2883-5S SPI uModule Isolator Demo Board (5.0V Supply).||$50.00|
|DC1748A-C||LTM2883-3I I2C uModule Isolator Demo Board (3.3V Supply).||$50.00|
|DC1748A-D||LTM2883-5I I2C uModule Isolator Demo Board (5.0V Supply).||$50.00|
- Isolated SPI or I2C Interfaces
- Industrial Systems
- Test and Measurement Equipment
- Breaking Ground Loops
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM2881 - Complete Isolated RS485/RS422 μModule Transceiver + Power
- LTC2945 - Wide Range I2C Power Monitor
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTM8048 - 3.1VIN to 32VIN Isolated μModule DC/DC Converter with LDO Post Regulator
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download: