- Quick Start Guide
- PCB Assembly/Reflow & Packaging
- Application Notes
- Simulation Tools
- Reliability Report
- Materials Declaration & RoHS Compliance
- Purchase Demo Board
LTM2882 - Dual Isolated RS232 μModule Transceiver + Power
- UL Rated Dual RS232 Transceiver: 2500VRMS UL Recognized ® File #E15178
- Isolated DC Power: 5V at Up to 200mA
- No External Components Required
- 1.62V to 5.5V Logic Supply for Flexible Digital Interfacing
- High Speed Operation
1Mbps for 250pF/3kΩ Load
250kbps for 1nF/3kΩ Load
100kbps for 2.5nF/3kΩ TIA/EIA-232-F Load
- 3.3V (LTM2882-3) or 5V (LTM2882-5) Operation
- No Damage or Latchup to ±10kV HBM ESD on Isolated RS232 Interface or Across Isolation Barrier
- High Common Mode Transient Immunity: 30kV/μs
- Common Mode Working Voltage: 560VPEAK
- True RS232 Compliant Output Levels
- Low Profile (15mm × 11.25mm) Surface Mount BGA and LGA Packages
The LTM®2882 is a complete galvanically isolated dual RS232 μModule® transceiver. No external components are required. A single 3.3V or 5V supply powers both sides of the interface through an integrated, isolated DC/DC converter. A logic supply pin allows easy interfacing with different logic levels from 1.62V to 5.5V, independent of the main supply.
Coupled inductors and an isolation power transformer provide 2500VRMS of isolation between the line transceiver and the logic interface. This device is ideal for systems with different grounds, allowing for large common mode voltages. Uninterrupted communication is guaranteed for common mode transients greater than 30kV/μs.
This part is compatible with the TIA/EIA-232-F standard. Driver outputs are protected from overload and can be shorted to ground or up to ±15V without damage. An auxiliary isolated digital channel is available. This channel allows configuration for half-duplex operation by controlling the DE pin.
Enhanced ESD protection allows this part to withstand up to ±10kV (human body model) on the transceiver interface pins to isolated supplies and across the isolation barrier to logic supplies without latchup or damage.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
15mm x 11.25mm x 2.8mm LGA, 15mm x 11.25mm x 3.42mm BGA
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1554A-A||LTM2882-3 RS232 uModule Isolator Demo Board (3.3V Supply)||$50.00|
|DC1554A-B||LTM2882-5 RS232 uModule Isolator Demo Board (5.0V Supply)||$50.00|
|DC1747A-A||LTM2882-3 low EMI test board (for EMI evaluation purposes only, no VL & no GPIO)||$50.00|
|DC1747A-B||LTM2882-5 low EMI test board (for EMI evaluation purposes only, no VL & no GPIO)||$50.00|
- Isolated RS232 Interface
- Industrial Communication
- Test and Measurement Equipment
- Breaking RS232 Ground Loops
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM2881 - Complete Isolated RS485/RS422 uModule Transceiver + Power
- LTM2883 - SPI/Digital or I2C μModule Isolator with Adjustable ±12.5V and 5V Regulated Power
- LTM8048 - 3.1VIN to 32VIN Isolated uModule DC/DC Converter with LDO Post Regulator
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTM8047 - 3.1VIN to 32VIN Isolated uModule DC/DC Converter
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3798 - Isolated No Opto-Coupler Flyback Controller with Active PFC
- LTM4620 - Dual 13A or Single 26A DC/DC µModule Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.