- Quick Start Guide
- PCB Assembly/Reflow & Packaging
- Application Notes
- Simulation Tools
- Reliability Report
- Materials Declaration & RoHS Compliance
- Purchase Demo Board
LTM2881 - Complete Isolated RS485/RS422 μModule Transceiver + Power
- RS485/RS422 Transceiver: 2500VRMS for 1 Minute
- UL-CSA Recognized File #E151738
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A
- Isolated DC Power: 5V at Up to 200mA
- No External Components Required
- 20Mbps or Low EMI 250kbps Data Rate
- High ESD: ±15kV HBM on Transceiver Interface
- High Common Mode Transient Immunity: 30kV/μs
- Integrated Selectable 120Ω Termination
- 3.3V (LTM2881-3) or 5.0V (LTM2881-5) Operation
- 1.62V to 5.5V Logic Supply Pin for Flexible Digital Interface
- Maximum Continuous Working Voltage: 560VPEAK
- High Input Impedance Failsafe RS485 Receiver
- Current Limited Drivers and Thermal Shutdown
- Compatible with TIA/EIA-485-A and PROFIBUS
- High Impedance Output During Internal Fault Condition
- Low Current Shutdown Mode (< 10μA)
- General Purpose CMOS Isolated Channel
- 15mm × 11.25mm BGA and LGA Packages
The LTM®2881 is a complete galvanically isolated full-duplex RS485/RS422 μModule® (micromodule) transceiver. No external components are required. A single supply powers both sides of the interface through an integrated, isolated, low noise, efficient 5V output DC/DC converter.
Coupled inductors and an isolation power transformer provide 2500VRMS of isolation between the line transceiver and the logic interface. This device is ideal for systems where the ground loop is broken allowing for large common mode voltage variation. Uninterrupted communication is guaranteed for common mode transients greater than 30kV/μs.
Maximum data rates are 20Mbps or 250kbps in slew limited mode. Transmit data, DI and receive data, RO, are implemented with event driven low jitter processing. The receiver has a one-eighth unit load supporting up to 256 nodes per bus. A logic supply pin allows easy interfacing with different logic levels from 1.62V to 5.5V, independent of the main supply.
Enhanced ESD protection allows this part to withstand up to ±15kV (human body model) on the transceiver interface pins to isolated supplies and ±10kV through the isolation barrier to logic supplies without latch-up or damage.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
|LTM2881CV-3#PBF||15mm × 11.25mm × 2.82mm LGA||LGA||C||05-08-1773||Yes|
|LTM2881CV-5#PBF||15mm × 11.25mm × 2.82mm LGA||LGA||C||05-08-1773||Yes|
|LTM2881CY-3#PBF||15mm x 11.25mm x 3.42mm BGA||BGA||C||05-08-1851||Yes|
|LTM2881CY-5#PBF||15mm x 11.25mm x 3.42mm BGA||BGA||C||05-08-1851||Yes|
|LTM2881HV-3#PBF||15mm × 11.25mm × 2.82mm LGA||LGA||H||05-08-1773||Yes|
|LTM2881HV-5#PBF||15mm × 11.25mm × 2.82mm LGA||LGA||H||05-08-1773||Yes|
|LTM2881HY-3#PBF||15mm x 11.25mm x 3.42mm BGA||BGA||H||05-08-1851||Yes|
|LTM2881HY-5#PBF||15mm x 11.25mm x 3.42mm BGA||BGA||H||05-08-1851||Yes|
|LTM2881IV-3#PBF||15mm × 11.25mm × 2.82mm LGA||LGA||I||05-08-1773||Yes|
|LTM2881IV-5#PBF||15mm × 11.25mm × 2.82mm LGA||LGA||I||05-08-1773||Yes|
|LTM2881IY-3#PBF||15mm x 11.25mm x 3.42mm BGA||BGA||I||05-08-1851||Yes|
|LTM2881IY-5#PBF||15mm x 11.25mm x 3.42mm BGA||BGA||I||05-08-1851||Yes|
|LTM2881MPY-3||15mm x 11.25mm x 3.42mm BGA||BGA||MP||05-08-1851||No|
|LTM2881MPY-3#PBF||15mm x 11.25mm x 3.42mm BGA||BGA||MP||05-08-1851||Yes|
|LTM2881MPY-5||15mm x 11.25mm x 3.42mm BGA||BGA||MP||05-08-1851||No|
|LTM2881MPY-5#PBF||15mm x 11.25mm x 3.42mm BGA||BGA||MP||05-08-1851||Yes|
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricingsales office or authorized distributor.
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1503A-A||LTM2881-3 RS485 uModule Isolator Demo Board (3.3V Supply)||$50.00|
|DC1503A-B||LTM2881-5 RS485 uModule Isolator Demo Board (5.0V Supply)||$50.00|
|DC1746A-A||LTM2881-3 low EMI test board (for EMI evaluation purposes only, no VL & no GPIO)||$50.00|
|DC1746A-B||LTM2881-5 low EMI test board (for EMI evaluation purposes only, no VL & no GPIO)||$50.00|
- Isolated RS485/RS422 Interface
- Industrial Networks
- Breaking RS485 Ground Loops
- Isolated PROFIBUS-DP Networks
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM2883 - SPI/Digital or I2C μModule Isolator with Adjustable ±12.5V and 5V Regulated Power
- LTM2882 - Dual Isolated RS232 uModule Transceiver + Power
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTM2884 - Isolated USB Transceiver with Isolated Power
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTM8047 - 3.1VIN to 32VIN Isolated μModule (Power Module) DC/DC Converter
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download:
- LTspice IV - A powerful SPICE simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators
- LTpowerCAD - A complete power supply selection, synthesis and design tool
- LTpowerPlay - A development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products
- PScope & QuikEval - USB-based product demonstration and data acquisition system for use with our ADCs, DACs, and more
- Linduino - Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code
- LinearLab Tools - A collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards
- And More!