LTC7851 - Quad Output, Multiphase Step-Down Voltage Mode DC/DC Controller with Accurate Current Sharing
- Operates with Power Blocks, DrMOS or External Gate Drivers and MOSFETs
- Voltage Mode Control with Accurate Current Sharing
- ±0.75% 0.6V Voltage Reference
- Quad Differential Output Voltage Sense Amplifiers
- Multiphase Capability
- Phase-Lockable Fixed Frequency 250kHz to 2.25MHz
- Lossless Current Sensing Using Inductor DCR or Precision Current Sensing with Sense Resistor or DrMOS with Integrated Current Sensing
- VCC Range: 3V to 5.5V
- VOUT Range: 0.6V to VCC – 0.5V
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Output Voltage Tracking Capability with Soft-Start
- Available in 58-Lead 5mm × 9mm QFN Package
The LTC®7851/LTC7851-1 are quad output multiphase synchronous step-down switching regulator controllers that employ a constant frequency voltage mode architecture. They maintain excellent current balance between channels when paralleled with their internal current sharing loop. Lossless DCR or a low value RSENSE is used for output current sensing. Multiple LTC7851/LTC7851-1 devices can be used for high phase count operation.
A very low offset, high bandwidth error amplifier, combined with remote output voltage sensing, provides excellent transient response and output regulation. The LTC7851/ LTC7851-1 operates with a VCC supply voltage from 3V to 5.5V and is designed for step-down conversion with VIN from 3V to 27V* and produces an output voltage from 0.6V to VCC – 0.5V.
The LTC7851-1 is identical to the LTC7851 except it has a lower current sense amplifier gain, making it ideal for DrMOS devices with internal current sense.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2380A-A||LTC7851EUHH Demo Board | 4-Phase Voltage Mode Buck Controller, 7V ≤ VIN ≤ 14V; Vout1 = 1.8V @ 30A, Vout2 = 1.5V @ 30A, Vout3 = 1.2V @ 30A, Vout4 = 1V @ 30A||$250.00|
|DC2380A-B||LTC7851EUHH Demo Board | Dual Output, 4-Phase Voltage Mode Buck Controller, 7V ≤ VIN ≤ 14V; Vout1 = 1.8V @ 60A, Vout3 = 1.2V @ 60A||$300.00|
|DC2380A-C||LTC7851EUHH Demo Board | Single Output, 4-Phase Voltage Mode Buck Controller, 7V ≤ VIN ≤ 14V; Vout1 = 1.2V @ 120A||$400.00|
- High Current Distributed Power Systems
- DSP, FPGA and ASIC Supplies
- Datacom, Telecom and Computing Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC4380 - Low Quiescent Current Surge Stopper
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LT3042 - 20V, 200mA, Ultralow Noise, Ultrahigh PSRR RF Linear Regulator
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT8640/LT8640-1 - 42V, 5A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: