LTC7149 - 60V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator for Inverting Outputs
- Wide VIN Range: 3.4V to 60V
- Wide VOUT Range: 0V to –28V
- Single Resistor VOUT Programming
- Integrated 110mΩ Top N-Channel/50mΩ Bottom N-Channel MOSFETs
- Regulated IQ: 440μA, Shutdown IQ: 15μA
- Board GND Referenced I/O Pins (RUN, PGOOD, MODE/SYNC)
- Accurate Resistor Programmable Frequency (300kHz to 3MHz) with ±50% Frequency Sync Range
- 92% Efficiency with 12 VIN and –5VOUT
- ±0.8% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Peak Current Mode Operation
- Burst Mode® Operation, Forced Continuous Mode
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Overtemperature Protection
- Available in 28-Lead (4mm x 5mm) QFN and TSSOP Packages
The LTC®7149 is a high efficiency 60V, 4A synchronous monolithic step-down regulator for inverting output applications. The regulator features a single resistorprogrammable output voltage and high efficiency over a wide VOUT range.
The inverting regulator operates from an input voltage range of 3.4V to 60V and provides an adjustable output from (–28V) to zero volts while delivering up to 4A of inductor current. The switching frequency is also set with an external resistor. A user-selectable mode input is provided to allow the user to trade off ripple noise for efficiency at light loads; Burst Mode operation provides the highest efficiency at light loads, while forced continuous mode provides low output ripple. The MODE/SYNC pin can also be used to synchronize the switching frequency to an external clock. Internal level-shift circuits allow the I/O pins (RUN, MODE/SYNC, PGOOD) to be referenced to board GND.
The LTC7149 operates with a peak current mode architecture that allows for fast transient response with inherent cycle-to-cycle current limit protection.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2354A||LTC7149 Demo Board | Buck Configured as Negative VOUT; 3.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 55V; Vout = -3.3V/-5V/Adj to -56V @ Up to 4A||$150.00|
- Industrial Applications
- Telecom Power Supplies
- Distributed Power Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3042 - 20V, 200mA, Ultralow Noise, Ultrahigh PSRR RF Linear Regulator
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LT8331 - Low IQ Boost/SEPIC/ Flyback/Inverting Converter with 0.5A, 140V Switch
- LTC2380-24 - 24-Bit, 1.5Msps/2Msps, Low Power SAR ADC with Integrated Digital Filter
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3081 - 1.5A Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator with Monitors
- LT3083 - Adjustable 3A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: