LTC6957 - Low Phase Noise, Dual Output Buffer/Driver/Logic Converter
- Low Phase Noise Buffer/Driver
- Optimized Conversion of Sine Wave Signals to Logic Levels
- Three Logic Output Types Available
- Additive Jitter 45fsRMS (LTC6957-1)
- Frequency Range Up to 300MHz
- 3.15V to 3.45V Supply Operation
- Low Skew 3ps Typical
- Fully Specified from –40°C to 125°C
- 12-Lead MSOP and 3mm × 3mm DFN Packages
The LTC®6957-1/LTC6957-2/LTC6957-3/LTC6957-4 is a family of very low phase noise, dual output AC signal buffer/driver/logic level translators. The input signal can be a sine wave or any logic level (≤2VP-P). There are four members of the family that differ in their output logic signal type as follows:
LTC6957-1: LVPECL Logic Outputs
LTC6957-2: LVDS Logic Outputs
LTC6957-3: CMOS Logic, In-Phase Outputs
LTC6957-4: CMOS Logic, Complementary Outputs
The LTC6957 will buffer and distribute any logic signal with minimal additive noise, however, the part really excels at translating sine wave signals to logic levels. The early amplifier stages have selectable lowpass filtering to minimize the noise while still amplifying the signal to increase its slew rate. This input stage filtering/noise limiting is especially helpful in delivering the lowest possible phase noise signal with slow slewing input signals such as a typical 10MHz sine wave system reference.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricingsales office or authorized distributor.
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1765A-A||LTC6957HMS-1 Demo Board | Low Phase Noise, Dual Output Buffer/Driver/Logic Converter with LVPECL Outputs||$75.00|
|DC1765A-B||LTC6957HMS-2 Demo Board | Low Phase Noise, Dual Output Buffer/Driver/Logic Converter with LVDS Outputs||$75.00|
|DC1766A-A||LTC6957HMS-3 Demoboard:Low Phase Noise, Dual Output Buffer/Driver/Logic Converter with In-Phase CMOS Outputs||$75.00|
|DC1766A-B||LTC6957HMS-4 Demoboard:Low Phase Noise, Dual Output Buffer/Driver/Logic Converter with Complementary CMOS Outputs||$75.00|
- System Reference Frequency Distribution
- High Speed ADC, DAC, DDS Clock Driver
- Military and Secure Radio
- Low Noise Timing Trigger
- Broadband Wireless Transceiver
- High Speed Data Acquisition
- Medical Imaging
- Test and Measurement
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC6409 - 10GHz GBW, 1.1nV/√Hz Differential Amplifier/ADC Driver
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
- LTC6946 - Ultralow Noise and Spurious 0.37GHz to 6.39GHz Integer-N Synthesizer with Integrated VCO
- LT1028 - Ultra Low Noise Precision High Speed Op Amps
- LT3042 - 20V, 200mA, Ultralow Noise, Ultrahigh PSRR RF Linear Regulator
- LT3081 - 1.5A Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator with Monitors
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download:
- LTspice - A powerful SPICE simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators
- LTpowerCAD - A complete power supply selection, synthesis and design tool
- LTpowerPlay - A development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products
- PScope & QuikEval - USB-based product demonstration and data acquisition system for use with our ADCs, DACs, and more
- Linduino - Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code
- LinearLab Tools - A collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards
- And More!