LTC6902 - Multiphase Oscillator with Spread Spectrum Frequency Modulation
- 2-, 3- or 4-Phase Outputs
- Optional Spread Spectrum Frequency Modulation for Improved EMC Performance
- 5kHz to 20MHz Frequency Range
- One External Resistor Sets the Frequency
- One External Resistor Sets Percent Frequency Spreading
- 400µA Typical Supply Current, VS = 3V, 1MHz
- Frequency Error <=1.5% Max, 5kHz to 10MHz (TA = 25°C)
- Frequency Error <= 2% Max, 5kHz to 10MHz (TA = 0°C to 70°C)
- ±40ppm/°C Temperature Stability
- Fast Start-Up Time: 50µs to 1.5ms
- 100 Ohm CMOS Output Driver
- Operates from a Single 2.7V to 5.5V Supply
- Available in 10-Lead MS Package
The LTC6902 is a precision, low power and easy-to-use oscillator that provides multiphase outputs in a small package. The oscillator frequency is set by a single external resistor (RSET). The LTC6902 also provides an optional spread spectrum frequency modulation (SSFM) capability that can be activated and controlled by an additional external resistor (RMOD).
The LTC6902's master oscillator is controlled by the RSET resistor and has a range of 100kHz and 20MHz. In order to accommodate a wider output frequency range, a programmable divider (divide by 1, 10 or 100) is included. The integrated programmable multiphase circuit provides either 2-, 3- or 4-phase waveforms.
The LTC6902's SSFM capability modulates the oscillator?s frequency by a pseudorandom noise (PRN) signal to spread the oscillator?s energy over a wide frequency band. This spreading decreases the peak electromagnetic radiation level and improves electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) performance. The amount of frequency spreading is programmable by a single additional external resistor (RMOD) and is disabled by grounding the MOD pin.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC655A||LT3430IFE LTC6902IMS | 4A High Voltage Buck DC/DC Converter, Vin = 8V - 42V, Vout = 5V @ 4A||$195.00|
- Switching Power Supply Clock Reference
- Portable and Battery-Powered Equipment
- Cell Phones
- Clocking Switched Capacitor Filters
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC6908 - Dual Output Oscillator with Spread Spectrum Modulation
- LTC6992 - TimerBlox: Voltage-Controlled Pulse Width Modulator (PWM)
- LTC1799 - 1kHz to 33MHz Resistor Set SOT-23 Oscillator
- LTC6909 - 1 to 8 Output, Multiphase Oscillator with Spread Spectrum Modulation
- LTC6900 - Low Power, 1kHz to 20MHz Resistor Set SOT-23 Oscillator
- LTC6903 - 1kHz – 68MHz Serial Port Programmable Oscillator
- LTC4366-1/LTC4366-2 - High Voltage Surge Stopper
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3791 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost LED Driver Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
OscCalc, an Excel based selection and synthesis tool, allows you to choose and configure the Silicon Oscillator best suited for your application.
- Download and open OscCalc
- Enable Macros
- Enter your desired switching frequency. Suitable silicon oscillators will be highlighted in green. Clicking on a part will show you the external component values and settings required to achieve your desired switching frequency.