LTC6900 - Low Power, 1kHz to 20MHz Resistor Set SOT-23 Oscillator
- One External Resistor Sets the Frequency
- 1kHz to 20MHz Frequency Range
- 500µA Typical Supply Current, VS = 3V, 3MHz
- Frequency Error ≤1.5% Max, 5kHz to 10MHz
(TA = 25°C)
- Frequency Error ≤ 2% Max, 5kHz to 10MHz
(TA = 0°C to 70°C)
- ±40ppm/°C Temperature Stability
- 0.04%/V Supply Stability
- 50% ±1% Duty Cycle 1kHz to 2MHz
- 50% ±5% Duty Cycle 2MHz to 10MHz
- Fast Start-Up Time: 50µs to 1.5ms
- 100Ω CMOS Output Driver
- Operates from a Single 2.7V to 5.5V Supply
- Low Profile (1mm) ThinSOT™ Package
DescriptionThe LTC6900 is a precision, low power oscillator that is easy to use and occupies very little PC board space. The oscillator frequency is programmed by a single external resistor (RSET). The LTC6900 has been designed for high accuracy operation (≤1.5% frequency error) without the need for external trim components.
The LTC6900 operates with a single 2.7V to 5.5V power supply and provides a rail-to-rail, 50% duty cycle square wave output. The CMOS output driver ensures fast rise/fall times and rail-to-rail switching. The frequency-setting resistor can vary from 10kΩ to 2MΩ to select a master oscillator frequency between 100kHz and 20MHz (5V supply). The three-state DIV input determines whether the master clock is divided by 1, 10 or 100 before driving the output, providing three frequency ranges spanning 1kHz to 20MHz (5V supply). The LTC6900 features a proprietary feedback loop that linearizes the relationship between RSET and frequency, eliminating the need for tables to calculate frequency. T
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC814A-C||LTC6900 DEMO BOARD; BUFFER BOARD (DIP8 CLOCK BOAR||$50.00|
|DC814B-C||LTC6900 DIP8 CLOCK BOARD||$25.00|
- Portable and Battery-Powered Equipment
- Cell Phones
- Low Cost Precision Oscillator
- Charge Pump Driver
- Switching Power Supply Clock Reference
- Clocking Switched Capacitor Filters
- Fixed Crystal Oscillator Replacement
- Ceramic Oscillator Replacement
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC1799 - 1kHz to 33MHz Resistor Set SOT-23 Oscillator
- LTC6930-X.XX - 32.768kHz to 8.192MHz Precision µPower Oscillators
- LTC6992 - TimerBlox: Voltage-Controlled Pulse Width Modulator (PWM)
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC6903 - 1kHz – 68MHz Serial Port Programmable Oscillator
- LTC6908 - Dual Output Oscillator with Spread Spectrum Modulation
- LTC6990 - TimerBlox: Voltage Controlled Silicon Oscillator
- LTC6993 - TimerBlox: Monostable Pulse Generator (One Shot)
- LTC6902 - 1 to 4 Output, Multiphase Oscillator with Spread Spectrum Modulation
- LTC6906 - Micropower, 10kHz to 1MHz Resistor Set Oscillator in SOT-23
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV
OscCalc, an Excel based selection and synthesis tool, allows you to choose and configure the Silicon Oscillator best suited for your application.
- Download and open OscCalc
- Enable Macros
- Enter your desired switching frequency. Suitable silicon oscillators will be highlighted in green. Clicking on a part will show you the external component values and settings required to achieve your desired switching frequency.