LTC6802-2 - Multicell Addressable Battery Stack Monitor
- Measures up to 12 Li-Ion Cells in Series (60V Max)
- Stackable Architecture Enables >1000V Systems
- 0.25% Maximum Total Measurement Error
- 13ms to Measure All Cells in a System
- Cell Balancing:
On-Chip Passive Cell Balancing Switches
Provision for Off-Chip Passive Balancing
- Two Thermistor Inputs Plus On-Board Temperature Sensor
- 1MHz Daisy-Chainable Serial Interface
- High EMI Immunity
- Delta Sigma Converter with Built-In Noise Filter
- Open Wire Connection Fault Detection
- Low Power Modes
- 44-Lead SSOP Package
The LTC6802-2 is a complete battery monitoring IC that includes a 12-bit ADC, a precision voltage reference, a high voltage input multiplexer and a serial interface. Each LTC6802-2 can measure 12 series connected battery cells, with a total input voltage up to 60V. The voltage on all 12 input channels can be measured within 13ms.
Many LTC6802-2 devices can be stacked to measure the voltage of each cell in a long battery string. Each LTC6802-2 has an individually addressable serial interface, allowing up to 16 LTC6802-2 devices to interface to one control processor and operate simultaneously.
To minimize power, the LTC6802-2 offers a measure mode to monitor each cell for overvoltage and undervoltage conditions. A standby mode is also provided to reduce supply current to 50μA.
Each cell input has an associated MOSFET switch that can discharge any overcharged cell.
The related LTC6802-1 offers a serial interface that allows the serial ports of multiple LTC6802-1 devices to be daisy chained without opto-couplers or isolators.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1393B||LTC6802-2 (Requires DC590B) New Designs Should Use DC1652 or DC1654 | Demo Board||$150.00|
|DC590B||USB Serial Controller for Linear Technology QuikEval Demo Boards||$50.00|
- Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicles
- High Power Portable Equipment
- Backup Battery Systems
- High Voltage Data Acquisition Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC6803-2 and -4 - Multicell Battery Stack Monitor
- LTC6802-1 - Multicell Battery Stack Monitor
- LTC6803-1 and -3 - Multicell Battery Stack Monitor
- LTC6801 - Independent Multicell Battery Stack Fault Monitor
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LTC6804-1/LTC6804-2 - Multicell Battery Monitors
- LTC3300-1 - High Efficiency Bidirectional Multicell Battery Balancer
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.