LTC6801 - Independent Multicell Battery Stack Fault Monitor
- Monitors Up to 12 Li-Ion Cells in Series
- Stackable Architecture Enables > 1000V Systems
- 1% Maximum Overvoltage Detection Level Error
- Adjustable Overvoltage and Undervoltage Detection
- Self Test Features Guarantee Accuracy
- Robust Fault Detection Using Differential Signals
- Simple Pin-Strapped Confi guration Allows Battery Monitoring without a Microcontroller
- 15.5ms to Monitor All Cells in a System
- Programmable Response Time
- Two Temperature Monitor Inputs
- Low Power Idle Mode
- 36-Lead SSOP Package
The LTC6801 is a multicell battery monitoring IC incorporating a 12-bit ADC, a precision voltage reference, sampled comparator, and a high voltage input multiplexer. The LTC6801 can monitor as many as 12 series connected battery cells for overvoltage, undervoltage, and overtemperature conditions, indicating whether the cells are within specified parameters. The LTC6801 generates a clock output when no fault conditions exist. Differential clocking provides high noise immunity and ensures that battery stack fault conditions cannot be hidden by frozen bits or short circuit conditions.
Each LTC6801 can operate with a battery stack voltage up to 60V and multiple LTC6801 devices can be stacked to monitor each individual cell in a long battery string. When multiple devices are stacked, the status signal of each LTC6801 can be daisy-chained, without opto-couplers or isolators, providing a single status output for the entire battery string.
The LTC6801 is configurable by external pin strapping. Adjustable overvoltage and undervoltage thresholds support various Li-Ion chemistries. Selectable measurement times allow users to save power.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1469B||LTC6801 | Demo Board||$75.00|
- Redundant Battery Monitor
- Hybrid Electric Vehicles
- Battery Backup Systems
- Power Systems Using Multiple Battery Cells
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC6803-1 and -3 - Multicell Battery Stack Monitor
- LTC6803-2 and -4 - Multicell Battery Stack Monitor
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC6802-1 - Multicell Battery Stack Monitor
- LTC6802-2 - Multicell Addressable Battery Stack Monitor
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC3300-1 - High Efficiency Bidirectional Multicell Battery Balancer
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.