LTC6754 -High Speed Rail-to-Rail Input Comparator with LVDS Compatible Outputs
- Low Propagation Delay: 1.8ns Typ.
- Low Overdrive Dispersion: 1ns Typ.
(10mV to 125mV Overdrive)
- High Toggle Rate: 890Mbps Typ.
- LVDS Compatible Output Stage
- Rail-to-Rail Inputs Extend Beyond Both Rails
- Low Quiescent Current: 13.4mA
- Supply Range: 2.4V to 5.25V
- Features within the LTC6754 Family:
Separate Input and Output Supplies
Shutdown Pin for Reduced Power
Output Latch and Adjustable Hysteresis
SC70 and 3mm × 3mm QFN Packages
The LTC®6754 is a high speed rail-to-rail comparator with LVDS compatible outputs. The LTC6754 exhibits 1.8ns of propagation delay, only 1ns of dispersion (10mV to 125mV overdrive) and a toggle rate up to 890Mbps.
The LTC6754 has rail-to-rail inputs, and will operate from a 2.4V to 5.25V supply. For the QFN package, the LVDS output is operated with a separate supply, providing isolation between input and output circuitry, and allowing for logic level translation.
In shutdown mode, power is reduced from 13.4mA to under 1.1mA, and the comparator can wake up in 120ns.
The LTC6754 includes 4.5mV of hysteresis to minimize instability. For the QFN package, a separate pin is available to set the hysteresis from 0mV (off) up to 40mV. The QFN version also features output latching to provide the ability to quickly capture the state of the comparator.
The dispersion of only 1ns combined with excellent propagation delay of 1.8ns makes the device an excellent choice for timing critical applications. Similarly, the 890Mbps toggle rate and low jitter of 1.5psRMS (200mVP–P, 245.76MHz input) make the LTC6754 ideally suited for high frequency line driver and clock recovery circuits.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Clock and Data Recovery
- Level Translation
- High Speed Data Acquisition Systems
- Window Comparators
- High Speed Line Receivers
- Time Domain Reflectometry
- Time of Flight Measurements
- Cable Drivers
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC6752 - 280MHz, 2.9ns Comparator Family with Rail-to-Rail Inputs and CMOS Outputs
- LTC6957 - Low Phase Noise, Dual Output Buffer/Driver/Logic Converter
- LTC6409 - 10GHz GBW, 1.1nV/√Hz Differential Amplifier/ADC Driver
- LTC6268-10 - 4GHz Ultra-Low Bias Current FET Input Op Amp
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT1028 - Ultra Low Noise Precision High Speed Op Amps
- LT3042 - 20V, 200mA, Ultralow Noise, Ultrahigh PSRR RF Linear Regulator
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LTC6268 - 500MHz Ultra-Low Bias Current FET Input Op Amp
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.