LTC6416 - 2GHz Low Noise Differential 16-Bit ADC Buffer
- 2GHz –3dB Small Signal Bandwidth
- 300MHz ±0.1dB Bandwidth
- 1.8nV/√Hz Output Noise
- 46.25dBm Equivalent OIP3 at 140MHz
- 40.25dBm Equivalent OIP3 Up to 300MHz
- –81dBc/–72dBc HD2/HD3 at 140MHz, 2VP-P Out
- –84.5dBc IM3 at 140MHz, 2VP-P Out Composite
- –74dBc/–67.5dBc HD2/HD3 at 300MHz, 2VP-P Out
- –72.5dBc IM3 at 300MHz, 2VP-P Out Composite
- Programmable High Speed, Fast Recovery Output Clamping
- DC-Coupled Signal Path
- Operates on Single 2.7V to 3.9V Supply
- Low Power: 150mW on 3.6V
- 2mm × 3mm 10-Pin DFN Package
DescriptionThe LTC6416 is a differential unity gain buffer designed to drive 16-bit ADCs with extremely low output noise and excellent linearity beyond 300MHz. Differential input impedance is 12kΩ, allowing 1:4 and 1:8 transformers to be used at the input to achieve additional system gain.
With no external biasing or gain setting components and a flow-through pinout, the LTC6416 is very easy to use. It can be DC-coupled and has a common mode output offset of –40mV. If the input signals are AC-coupled, the LTC6416 input pins are internally biased to provide an output common mode voltage that is set by the voltage on the VCM pin.
In addition the LTC6416 has high speed, fast recovery clamping circuitry to limit output signal swing. Both the high and low clamp voltages are internally biased to allow maximum output swing but are also user programmable via the CLLO and CLHI pins.
Supply current is nominally 42mA and the LTC6416 operates on supply voltages ranging from 2.7V to 3.9V.
The LTC6416 is packaged in a 10-lead 3mm × 2mm DFN package. Pinout is optimized for placement directly adjacent to Linear’s high speed 12-, 14- and 16-bit ADCs.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1257B||LTC6416 + LTC2208 Combo board (Requires DC890 & LVDS_XFMR)||$225.00|
|DC1287A||LTC6416 Demo Circuit (2 GHz Low Noise Differential 16-Bit ADC Buffer)||$100.00|
|DC890B||USB Data Acquisition Controller, for PScope Evaluation Kits (up to 250Mbps, CMOS/LVDS)||$300.00|
- Differential ADC Driver
- IF Sampling Receivers
- Impedance Transformer
- SAW Filter Interface
- CCD Buffer
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC6417 - 1.6GHz Low Noise High Linearity Differential Buffer/16-Bit ADC Driver with Fast Clamp
- LT6411 - 650MHz Differential ADC Driver/Dual Selectable Gain Amplifier
- LTC6409 - 10GHz GBW, 1.1nV/√Hz Differential Amplifier/ADC Driver
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1028 - Ultra Low Noise Precision High Speed Op Amps
- LTC6406 - 3GHz, Low Noise, Rail-to-Rail Input Differential Amplifier/Driver
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LT1210 - 1.1A, 35MHz Current Feedback Amplifier
- LTC6412 - 800MHz, 31dB Range Analog-Controlled VGA
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.