LTC6412 - 800MHz, 31dB Range Analog-Controlled VGA
- 800MHz –3dB Small-Signal Bandwidth
- Continuously-Adjustable Gain Control
- –14dB to +17dB Linear-in-dB Gain Range
- 35dBm OIP3 at 240MHz Across All Gain Settings
- 10dB Noise Figure at Maximum Gain
- (IIP3 – NF) = +8dBm at 240MHz Across All Gains
- 2.7nV/√Hz Input Referred Noise
- Differential Inputs and Outputs
- 50Ω Input Impedance Across all Gains
- Single Supply Operation from 3V to 3.6V
- 110mA Supply Current
- 4mm × 4mm × 0.75mm 24-Pin QFN Package
The LTC6412 is a fully differential variable gain amplifier with linear-in-dB analog gain control. It is designed for AC-coupled operation in IF receiver chains from 1MHz to 500MHz. The part has a constant OIP3 across a wide output amplitude range and across the 31dB gain control range. The output noise (NF + Gain) is also fl at versus gain to provide a uniform spurious-free dynamic range (SFDR) >120dB over the full gain control range at 240MHz.
The LTC6412 is ideal for interfacing with the LT®5527 and LT5557 downconverting mixers, LTC6410-6 IF amplifier and the LTC6400/LTC6401/LTC6416 ADC drivers for use in 12-, 14-, and 16-bit ADC applications.
The LTC6412 recovers quickly from an overdrive condition, and the EN pin allows for a fast output signal disable to protect sensitive downstream components. Asserting the SHDN pin reduces the current consumption below 1mA for power-down or sleep modes.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1464A||LTC6412 l 800 MHz, 31dB Range Analog-Controlled VGA||$100.00|
|DC1600A||LTC6412, LTC2261-14 | 10MHz to 800MHz, 31dB Range Analog Controlled VGA||$200.00|
|DC890B||USB Data Acquisition Controller, for PScope Evaluation Kits (up to 250Mbps, CMOS/LVDS)||$300.00|
- IF Signal Chain Automatic Gain Control (AGC)
- 2.5G and 3G Cellular Basestation Transceivers
- WiMAX, WiBro, WLAN Receivers
- Satellite and GPS Receiver IF
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC6409 - 10GHz GBW, 1.1nV/√Hz Differential Amplifier/ADC Driver
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LT5514 - Ultralow Distortion IF Amplifier/ADC Driver with Digitally Controlled Gain
- LT5554 - Broadband Ultra Low Distortion 7-Bit Digitally Controlled VGA
- LT1028 - Ultra Low Noise Precision High Speed Op Amps
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC6417 - 1.6GHz Low Noise High Linearity Differential Buffer/16-Bit ADC Driver with Fast Clamp
- LTC6946 - Ultralow Noise and Spurious 0.37GHz to 6.39GHz Integer-N Synthesizer with Integrated VCO
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
- LT5524 - Low Distortion IF Amplifier/ADC Driver with Digitally Controlled Gain
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download:
- LTspice - A powerful SPICE simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators
- LTpowerCAD - A complete power supply selection, synthesis and design tool
- LTpowerPlay - A development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products
- PScope & QuikEval - USB-based product demonstration and data acquisition system for use with our ADCs, DACs, and more
- Linduino - Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code
- LinearLab Tools - A collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards
- And More!