LTC6412 - 800MHz, 31dB Range Analog-Controlled VGA
- 800MHz –3dB Small-Signal Bandwidth
- Continuously-Adjustable Gain Control
- –14dB to +17dB Linear-in-dB Gain Range
- 35dBm OIP3 at 240MHz Across All Gain Settings
- 10dB Noise Figure at Maximum Gain
- (IIP3 – NF) = +8dBm at 240MHz Across All Gains
- 2.7nV/√Hz Input Referred Noise
- Differential Inputs and Outputs
- 50Ω Input Impedance Across all Gains
- Single Supply Operation from 3V to 3.6V
- 110mA Supply Current
- 4mm × 4mm × 0.75mm 24-Pin QFN Package
The LTC6412 is a fully differential variable gain amplifier with linear-in-dB analog gain control. It is designed for AC-coupled operation in IF receiver chains from 1MHz to 500MHz. The part has a constant OIP3 across a wide output amplitude range and across the 31dB gain control range. The output noise (NF + Gain) is also fl at versus gain to provide a uniform spurious-free dynamic range (SFDR) >120dB over the full gain control range at 240MHz.
The LTC6412 is ideal for interfacing with the LT®5527 and LT5557 downconverting mixers, LTC6410-6 IF amplifier and the LTC6400/LTC6401/LTC6416 ADC drivers for use in 12-, 14-, and 16-bit ADC applications.
The LTC6412 recovers quickly from an overdrive condition, and the EN pin allows for a fast output signal disable to protect sensitive downstream components. Asserting the SHDN pin reduces the current consumption below 1mA for power-down or sleep modes.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1464A||LTC6412 l 800 MHz, 31dB Range Analog-Controlled VGA||$100.00|
|DC1600A||LTC6412, LTC2261-14 | 10MHz to 800MHz, 31dB Range Analog Controlled VGA||$200.00|
|DC890_LVDS_XFMR||LVDS Power Transformer, goes with DC890B/ LVDS output demoboards||Contact Factory|
|DC890B||High Speed (up to 250Mbps, CMOS/LVDS) USB Data Collection Board||$300.00|
- IF Signal Chain Automatic Gain Control (AGC)
- 2.5G and 3G Cellular Basestation Transceivers
- WiMAX, WiBro, WLAN Receivers
- Satellite and GPS Receiver IF
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT5554 - Broadband Ultra Low Distortion 7-Bit Digitally Controlled VGA
- LTC6409 - 10GHz GBW, 1.1nV/√Hz Differential Amplifier/ADC Driver
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC6946 - Ultralow Noise and Spurious 0.37GHz to 5.7GHz Integer-N Synthesizer with Integrated VCO
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LT1995 - 30MHz, 1000V/µs Gain Selectable Amplifier
- LTC6910 - Digitally Controlled Programmable Gain Amplifiers in SOT-23
- LT1991 - Precision, 100µA Gain Selectable Amplifier
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
- LTC6360 - Very Low Noise Single-Ended SAR ADC Driver with True Zero Output
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.