LTC6406 - 3GHz, Low Noise, Rail-to-Rail Input Differential Amplifier/Driver
- Low Noise: 1.6nV/v√Hz RTI
- Low Power: 18mA at 3V
- Low Distortion (HD2/HD3):
–80dBc/–69dBc at 50MHz, 2VP-P
–104dBc/–90dBc at 20MHz, 2VP-P
- Rail-to-Rail Differential Input
- 2.7V to 3.5V Supply Voltage Range
- Fully Differential Input and Output
- Adjustable Output Common Mode Voltage
- 800MHz –3dB Bandwidth with AV = 1
- Gain-Bandwidth Product: 3GHz
- Low Power Shutdown
- Available in 8-Lead MSOP and Tiny 16-Lead 3mm x 3mm x 0.75mm QFN Packages
The LTC6406 is a very low noise, low distortion, fully differential input/output amplifier optimized for 3V, single supply operation. The LTC6406 input common mode range is rail-to-rail, while the output common mode voltage is independently adjustable by applying a voltage on the VOCM pin. This makes the LTC6406 ideal for level shifting signals with a wide common mode range for driving 12-bit to 16-bit single supply, differential input ADCs.
A 3GHz gain-bandwidth product results in 70dB linearity for 50MHz input signals. The LTC6406 is unity gain stable and the closed-loop bandwidth extends from DC to 800MHz. The output voltage swing extends from near-ground to 2V, to be compatible with a wide range of ADC converter input requirements. The LTC6406 draws only 18mA, and has a hardware shutdown feature which reduces current consumption to 300µA.
The LTC6406 is available in a compact 3mm x 3mm 16-pin leadless QFN package as well as an 8-lead MSOP package, and operates over a –40°C to 85°C temperature range.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1058A-E||Combo Demoboard for LTC2207 and LTC6406, req. DC718||$200.00|
|DC1147A-D||LTC6406 demo circuit||$100.00|
|DC718C||USB Data Acquisition Controller, for PScope Evaluation Kits (<135Mbps)||$300.00|
- Differential Input ADC Driver
- Single-Ended to Differential Conversion
- Level-Shifting Ground-Referenced Signals
- Level-Shifting VCC-Referenced Signals
- High-Linearity Direct Conversion Receivers
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC6409 - 10GHz GBW, 1.1nV/√Hz Differential Amplifier/ADC Driver
- LTC6405 - 2.7GHz, 5V, Low Noise, Rail-to-Rail Input Differential Ampliﬁer/Driver
- LTC6404 - 600MHz, Low Noise, High Precision Fully Differential Input/Output Ampliﬁer/Driver
- LTC6362 - Precision, Low Power Rail-to-Rail Input/Output Differential Op Amp/SAR ADC Driver
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LTC6360 - Very Low Noise Single-Ended SAR ADC Driver with True Zero Output
- LT1028 - Ultra Low Noise Precision High Speed Op Amps
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
- LTC6420-20 - Dual Matched 1.8GHz Differential Amplifiers/ADC Drivers
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: