LTC6401-8 - 2.2GHz Low Noise, Low Distortion Differential ADC Driver for DC-140MHz
- 2.2GHz -3dB Bandwidth
- Fixed Gain of 2.5V/V (8dB)
- -92dBc IMD3 at 70MHz (Equivalent OIP3 = 50dBm)
- -80.5dBc IMD3 at 140MHz (Equivalent OIP3 = 44dBm)
- 1nV/√Hz Internal Op Amp Noise
- 12.1dB Noise Figure
- Differential Inputs and Outputs
- 400Ω Input Impedance
- 2.85V to 3.5V Supply Voltage
- 45mA Supply Current (135mW)
- 1V to 1.6V Output Common Mode, Adjustable
- DC- or AC-Coupled Operation
- Max Differential Output Swing 4.6VP-P
- Small 16-Lead 3mm x 3mm x 0.75mm QFN Package
DescriptionThe LTC6401-8 is a high-speed differential amplifier targeted at processing signals from DC to 140MHz. The part has been specifically designed to drive 12-, 14- and 16-bit ADCs with low noise and low distortion, but can also be used as a general-purpose broadband gain block.
The LTC6401-8 is easy to use, with minimal support circuitry required. The output common mode voltage is set using an external pin, independent of the inputs, which eliminates the need for transformers or AC-coupling capacitors in many applications. The gain is internally ﬁxed at 8dB (2.5V/V).
The LTC6401-8 saves space and power compared to alternative solutions using IF gain blocks and transformers. The LTC6401-8 is packaged in a compact 16-lead 3mm x 3mm QFN package and operates over the -40°C to 85°C temperature range.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC987B-E||LTC6401-8 3GHz Fully Differential ADC Driver Demo Circuit||$80.00|
- Differential ADC Driver
- Differential Driver/Receiver
- Single Ended to Differential Conversion
- IF Sampling Receivers
- SAW Filter Interfacing
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC6409 - 10GHz GBW, 1.1nV/√Hz Differential Amplifier/ADC Driver
- LTC6406 - 3GHz, Low Noise, Rail-to-Rail Input Differential Amplifier/Driver
- LTC6405 - 2.7GHz, 5V, Low Noise, Rail-to-Rail Input Differential Ampliﬁer/Driver
- LTC6404 - 600MHz, Low Noise, High Precision Fully Differential Input/Output Ampliﬁer/Driver
- LTC6400-8 - 2.2GHz Low Noise, Low Distortion Differential ADC Driver for DC-300MHz
- LTC6420-20 - Dual Matched 1.8GHz Differential Amplifiers/ADC Drivers
- LTC6401-14 - 2GHz Low Noise, Low Distortion Differential ADC Driver for DC-140MHz
- LTC6400-26 - 1.9GHz Low Noise, Low Distortion Differential ADC Driver for DC-300MHz
- LTC6417 - 1.6GHz Low Noise High Linearity Differential Buffer/16-Bit ADC Driver with Fast Clamp
- LTC6400-20 - 1.8GHz Low Noise, Low Distortion Differential ADC Driver for 300MHz IF
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: