LTC5596 - 100MHz to 40GHz Linear-in-dB RMS Power Detector with 35dB Dynamic Range
- Ultra Wide Matched Input Frequency Range: 100MHz to 40GHz
- 35dB Linear Dynamic Range (< ±1dB Error)
- 29mV/dB Logarithmic Slope
- ±1dB Flat Response from 200MHz to 30GHz
- Accurate RMS Power Measurement of High Crest Factors (Up to 12dB) Modulated Waveforms
- Low Power Shutdown Mode
- Low Supply Current: 30mA at 3.3V (Typical)
- Small 2mm × 2mm Plastic DFN8 Package
- I-Grade: –40°C to 105°C Rated H-Grade: –40°C to 125°C Rated with Guaranteed Log-Slope and Log-Intercept
- ESD Rating: 3500V HBM, 1500V CDM
The LTC®5596 is a high accuracy RMS power detector that provides a very wide RF input bandwidth, from 100MHz up to 40GHz. This makes the device suitable for a wide range of RF and microwave applications, such as point-to- point microwave links, instrumentation and power control applications.
The DC output voltage of the detector is an accurate representation of the average signal power applied to the RF input. The response is linear-in-dB with 29mV/dB logarithmic slope over a 35dB dynamic range with typically better than ±1dB accuracy. The detector is particularly suited for measurement of waveforms with crest factor (CF) as high as 12dB, and waveforms that exhibit a significant variation of the crest factor during the measurement.
To achieve higher accuracy and lower output ripple, the averaging bandwidth can be externally adjusted by a capacitor connected between the FLTR and OUT pins.
The enable interface switches the device between active measurement mode and a low power shutdown mode.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2158A||LTC5596 Demo Board | 100MHz to 40GHz RMS Power Detector||$450.00|
- Point-to-Point Microwave Links
- Instrumentation and Measurement Equipment
- Military Radios
- LTE, WiFi, WiMax Wireless Networks
- RMS Power Measurement
- Receive and Transmit Gain Control
- RF PA Transmit Power Control
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3042 - 20V, 200mA, Ultralow Noise, Ultrahigh PSRR RF Linear Regulator
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC2380-24 - 24-Bit, 1.5Msps/2Msps, Low Power SAR ADC with Integrated Digital Filter
- LTC2508-32 - 32-Bit Over-Sampling ADC with Configurable Digital Filter
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTM2889 - Isolated CAN FD µModule Transceiver and Power
- LTC4380 - Low Quiescent Current Surge Stopper
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download:
- LTspice IV - A powerful SPICE simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators
- LTpowerCAD - A complete power supply selection, synthesis and design tool
- LTpowerPlay - A development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products
- PScope & QuikEval - USB-based product demonstration and data acquisition system for use with our ADCs, DACs, and more
- Linduino - Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code
- LinearLab Tools - A collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards
- And More!