LTC5583 - Matched Dual-Channel 6GHz RMS Power Detector
- Frequency Range: 40MHz to 6GHz
- Linear Dynamic Range: Up to 60dB
- ±0.5dB (Typ) Accuracy Over Temperature
- 40dB Channel-to-Channel Isolation at 2GHz Even with Single-Ended RF Inputs
- Matched Dual-Channel Outputs: <1.25dB (Typ)
- Single-Ended RF Inputs—No Transformer Required
- Accurate RMS Power Measurement of High Crest Factor Modulated Waveforms
- Difference Output Provides VSWR Measurement
- Fast Envelope Detector Outputs
- Fast Response Time: 140ns Rise Time
- Small 4mm × 4mm QFN24 Package
The LTC5583 is a dual-channel RMS power detector, capable of measuring two AC signals with wide dynamic range, from –59dBm to 4dBm, depending on frequency. Each AC signal’s power in decibel-scaled value is precisely converted to a DC voltage on a linear scale, independent of the crest factor of the input signal waveforms. The LTC5583 is suitable for precision power measurement and level control for a variety of RF standards, including LTE, EDGE, W-CDMA, CDMA2000, TD-SCDMA, and WiMAX.
Good channel-to-channel isolation is necessary for operating the dual channels simultaneously. For applications where the two input signals are at the same frequency (e.g. measuring VSWR), the LTC5583 provides 40dB isolation at 2.14GHz even with single-ended inputs. No baluns are needed. When the two input signals are at different frequencies, the isolation can be as high as 50dB. The isolation can be improved to >55dB with differential inputs.
The power difference of the two input signals is provided at a difference output pin. Each channel also has a fast envelope detector, which tracks the RF input signal’s envelope and outputs a voltage directly proportional to the signal’s instantaneous power. The envelope detectors can be disabled to reduce power consumption.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1599A||LTC5583IUF#PBF | Dual RMS Power Detector Demo Board, set up for 40MHz to 3GHz operation.||$100.00|
- VSWR Monitor
- MIMO Transmit Power Control
- Basestation PA Control
- Transmit and Receive Gain Control
- RF Instrumentation
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC5582 - 40MHz to 10GHz RMS Power Detector with 57dB Dynamic Range
- LTC5587 - 6 GHz RMS Power Detector with Digital Output
- LT5538 - 40MHz to 3.8GHz RF Power Detector with 75dB Dynamic Range
- LTC6946 - Ultralow Noise and Spurious 0.37GHz to 6.39GHz Integer-N Synthesizer with Integrated VCO
- LT5581 - 6GHz RMS Power Detector with 40dB Dynamic Range
- LT5537 - Wide Dynamic Range RF/IF Log Detector
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC5507 - 100kHz to 1GHz RF Power Detector
- LTC5564 - UltraFast™ 7ns Response Time 15GHz RF Power Detector with Comparator
- LTC6945 - Ultralow Noise and Spurious 0.35GHz to 6GHz Integer-N Synthesizer
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download: