LTC5551 - 300MHz to 3.5GHz Ultra-High Dynamic Range Downconverting Mixer
- +36dBm Input IP3
- 2.4dB Conversion Gain
- Low Noise Figure: <10dB
- +18dBm Ultra High Input P1dB
- 670mW Power Consumption
- 2.5V to 3.6V Operation
- 50Ω Single-Ended RF and LO Inputs
- 0dBm LO Drive Level
- Low Power Mode
- –40°C to 105°C Operation (TC)
- Small Solution Size
- Enable Pin
- 16-Lead (4mm × 4mm) QFN Package
The LTC®5551 is a 2.5V to 3.6V mixer optimized for RF downconverting mixer applications that require very high dynamic range. The LTC5551 covers the 300MHz to 3.5GHz RF Frequency range with LO frequency range of 200MHz to 3.5GHz. The LTC5551 provides very high IIP3 and P1dB with low power consumption. A typical application is a basestation receiver covering 700MHz to 2.7GHz frequency range. The RF input can be matched for a wide range of frequencies and the IF is usable up to 1GHz.
A low power mode is activated by pulling the ISEL pin high, reducing the power consumption by about 1/3, however, with a corresponding reduction in IIP3 to approximately +29dBm. The mixer can also be turned on or off by using the EN pin.
The LTC5551’s high level of integration minimizes the total solution cost, board space and system level variation, while providing the highest dynamic range for demanding receiver applications.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2035A||LTC5551 | 300MHz to 3.5GHz Ultra-High Dynamic Range Downconverting Mixer||$150.00|
- GSM, LTE, LTE-Advanced Basestations
- DPD Observation Receiver
- Public Safety Radios, Military and Defense
- Avionics Radios and TCAS Transponders
- Active Phased-Array Antennas
- White-Space Radio Receiver
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC5510 - 1MHz to 6GHz Wideband High Linearity Active Mixer
- LTC6946 - Ultralow Noise and Spurious 0.37GHz to 6.39GHz Integer-N Synthesizer with Integrated VCO
- LTC6948 - Ultralow Noise 0.37GHz to 6.39GHz Fractional-N Synthesizer with Integrated VCO
- LTC6409 - 10GHz GBW, 1.1nV/√Hz Differential Amplifier/ADC Driver
- LTC6430-15 - High Linearity Differential RF/IF Amplifier/ADC Driver
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC6957 - Low Phase Noise, Dual Output Buffer/Driver/Logic Converter
- LT6016 - Dual 3.2MHz, 0.8V/μs Low Power, Over-The-Top Precision Op Amp
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download:
- LTspice - A powerful SPICE simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators
- LTpowerCAD - A complete power supply selection, synthesis and design tool
- LTpowerPlay - A development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products
- PScope & QuikEval - USB-based product demonstration and data acquisition system for use with our ADCs, DACs, and more
- Linduino - Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code
- LinearLab Tools - A collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards
- And More!