LTC5549 - 2GHz to 14GHz Microwave Mixer with Integrated LO Frequency Doubler
- Upconversion or Downconversion
- High IIP3: +28.2dBm at 5.8GHz
+22.8dBm at 12GHz
- 8.0dB Conversion Loss at 5.8GHz
- +14.3dBm Input P1dB at 5.8GHz
- Integrated LO Buffer: 0dBm LO Drive
- Bypassable Integrated LO Frequency Doubler
- Low LO-RF Leakage: <–30dBm
- 50Ω Single-Ended RF, LO and IF Ports
- 3.3V/115mA Supply
- Fast Turn ON/OFF for TDD Operation
- 2mm × 3mm, 12-Lead QFN Package
The LTC®5549 is a general purpose passive doublebalanced mixer that can be used for upconversion or downconversion. The RF port is designed for the 2GHz to 14GHz band and the IF port is optimized for 500MHz to 6GHz operation. An integrated LO buffer amplifier supports LO frequencies from 1GHz to 12GHz, requiring only 0dBm LO power. The LTC5549 delivers high IIP3 and input P1dB with low power consumption.
An internal LO frequency doubler can be enabled by a CMOS-compatible digital control pin, allowing operation with a lower, one-half LO input frequency. This allows the mixer’s LO port to be used with existing synthesizers, such as the LTC6946 and LTC6948 family.
The LTC5549’s high level of integration minimizes the total solution cost, board space and system level variation with its 2mm × 3mm package size.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2310A||LTC5549 Demo Board | 2GHz to 14GHz Microwave Mixer with Integrated LO Frequency Doubler||$200.00|
- Microwave Transceivers
- Wireless Backhaul
- Point-to-Point Microwave
- Phased-Array Antennas
- C, X and Ku Band RADAR
- Test Equipment
- Satellite MODEMs
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC5510 - 1MHz to 6GHz Wideband High Linearity Active Mixer
- LTC6946 - Ultralow Noise and Spurious 0.37GHz to 6.39GHz Integer-N Synthesizer with Integrated VCO
- LTC6948 - Ultralow Noise 0.37GHz to 6.39GHz Fractional-N Synthesizer with Integrated VCO
- LTC5548 - 2GHz to 14GHz Microwave Mixer with Wideband DC–6GHz IF
- LT3042 - 20V, 200mA, Ultralow Noise, Ultrahigh PSRR RF Linear Regulator
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC6409 - 10GHz GBW, 1.1nV/√Hz Differential Amplifier/ADC Driver
- LTC6957 - Low Phase Noise, Dual Output Buffer/Driver/Logic Converter
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTC6950 - 1.4GHz Low Phase Noise, Low Jitter PLL with Clock Distribution
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download:
- LTspice - A powerful SPICE simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators
- LTpowerCAD - A complete power supply selection, synthesis and design tool
- LTpowerPlay - A development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products
- PScope & QuikEval - USB-based product demonstration and data acquisition system for use with our ADCs, DACs, and more
- Linduino - Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code
- LinearLab Tools - A collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards
- And More!