LTC5548 - 2GHz to 14GHz Microwave Mixer with Wideband DC–6GHz IF
- Upconversion or Downconversion
- High IIP3: +24.4dBm at 5.8GHz
+21.4dBm at 9GHz
- 7.1dB Conversion Loss at 5.8GHz
- +15.2dBm Input P1dB at 5.8GHz
- Integrated LO Buffer: 0dBm LO Drive
- Selectable Integrated LO Frequency Doubler
- Low LO-RF Leakage: <–30dBm
- 50Ω Wideband Matched RF and LO Ports
- 3.3V/120mA Supply
- Fast Turn ON/OFF for TDD Operation
- 3mm × 2mm, 12-Lead QFN Package
The LTC®5548 is a high performance, microwave double balanced passive mixer that can be used for frequency upconversion or downconversion. The device is similar to the LTC5549, but with a broadband, differential DC to 6GHz IF port. The LTC5548 is recommended for applications where the IF frequency range extends below 500MHz. For applications where the IF frequency is always above 500MHz, the LTC5549 is recommended, since it includes an integrated IF balun.
The LTC5548’s mixer and integrated RF balun are optimized to cover the 2GHz to 14GHz RF frequency range. The device includes an integrated LO amplifier optimized for the 1GHz to 12GHz frequency range, requiring only 0dBm drive. The device also includes an integrated LO frequency doubler, which can be enabled or disabled with a CMOS-compatible control pin.
The LTC5548 delivers exceptionally high IIP3 and P1dB, in addition to very low LO to RF and LO to IF leakages. The part also offers high integration in a small package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2461A||LTC5548 Demo Board | 2GHz to 14GHz Microwave Mixer with Low IF Frequency||$200.00|
- Microwave Transceivers
- Wireless Backhaul
- Point-to-Point Microwave
- Phased-Array Antennas
- C, X and Ku Band RADAR
- Test Equipment
- Satellite MODEMs
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC5549 - 2GHz to 14GHz Microwave Mixer with Integrated LO Frequency Doubler
- LTC5510 - 1MHz to 6GHz Wideband High Linearity Active Mixer
- LTC6948 - Ultralow Noise 0.37GHz to 6.39GHz Fractional-N Synthesizer with Integrated VCO
- LTC6946 - Ultralow Noise and Spurious 0.37GHz to 6.39GHz Integer-N Synthesizer with Integrated VCO
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT3042 - 20V, 200mA, Ultralow Noise, Ultrahigh PSRR RF Linear Regulator
- LTC6957 - Low Phase Noise, Dual Output Buffer/Driver/Logic Converter
- LT5560 - 0.01MHz to 4GHz Low Power Active Mixer
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC2380-24 - 24-Bit, 1.5Msps/2Msps, Low Power SAR ADC with Integrated Digital Filter
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download:
- LTspice - A powerful SPICE simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators
- LTpowerCAD - A complete power supply selection, synthesis and design tool
- LTpowerPlay - A development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products
- PScope & QuikEval - USB-based product demonstration and data acquisition system for use with our ADCs, DACs, and more
- Linduino - Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code
- LinearLab Tools - A collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards
- And More!