LTC485 - Low Power RS485 Interface Transceiver
- Low Power: ICC = 300μA Typ
- Designed for RS485 Interface Applications
- Single 5V Supply
- –7V to 12V Bus Common Mode Range Permits ±7V Ground Difference Between Devices on the Bus
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Power-Up/Down Glitch-Free Driver Outputs Permit Live Insertion or Removal of Transceiver
- Driver Maintains High Impedance in Three-State or with the Power Off
- Combined Impedance of a Driver Output and Receiver Allows Up to 32 Transceivers on the Bus (C- and I-Grades)
- 70mV Typical Input Hysteresis
- 30ns Typical Driver Propagation Delays with 5ns Skew for Up to 2.5MB Operation
- Pin Compatible with ±60V Protected LTC2862
The LTC®485 is a low power differential bus/line transceiver designed for multipoint data transmission standard RS485 applications with extended common mode range (12V to –7V). It also meets the requirements of RS422.
The CMOS design offers significant power savings over its bipolar counterpart without sacrificing ruggedness against overload or ESD damage.
The driver and receiver feature three-state outputs, with the driver outputs maintaining high impedance over the entire common mode range. Excessive power dissipation caused by bus contention or faults is prevented by a thermal shutdown circuit which forces the driver outputs into a high impedance state.
The receiver has a fail-safe feature which guarantees a high output state when the inputs are left open.
The LTC485 is fully specified over the commercial and extended industrial temperature range.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Low Power RS485/RS422 Transceiver
- Level Translator
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM2881 - Complete Isolated RS485/RS422 μModule Transceiver + Power
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC2862 - ±60V Fault Protected 3V to 5.5V RS485/RS422 Transceivers
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT1785 - 60V Fault Protected RS485/RS422 Transceivers
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download:
- LTspice IV - A powerful SPICE simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators
- LTpowerCAD - A complete power supply selection, synthesis and design tool
- LTpowerPlay - A development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products
- PScope & QuikEval - USB-based product demonstration and data acquisition system for use with our ADCs, DACs, and more
- Linduino - Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code
- LinearLab Tools - A collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards
- And More!