LTC4558 - Dual SIM/Smart Card Power Supply and Interface
- Power Management and Control for Two SIM Cards or Smart Cards
- Independent 1.8V/3V VCC Control for Both Cards
- Supports Simultaneous Powering of Both Cards
- Fast Channel Switching
- Automatic Level Translation
- Dynamic Pull-Ups Deliver Fast Signal Rise Times*
- Built-In Fault Protection Circuitry
- Automatic Activation/Deactivation Sequencing Circuitry
- Low Operating/Shutdown Current
- > 10kV ESD on SIM Card Pins
- Meets EMV Fault Tolerance Requirements
- Low Proﬁ le 20-Lead (3mm × 3mm) QFN Package
DescriptionThe LTC4558 provides the power conversion and signal level translation needed for advanced cellular telephones to interface with 1.8V or 3V subscriber identity modules (SIMs). The device meets all requirements for 1.8V and 3V SIMs and contains LDO regulators to power 1.8V or 3V SIM cards from a 2.7V to 5.5V input. The output voltages can be set using the two voltage selection pins and up to 50mA of load current can be supplied. A channel select pin determines which channel is open for communication. Separate enable pins for each channel allow both cards to be powered at once and allow for faster transition from one channel to the other.
Internal level translators allow controllers operating with supplies as low as 1.4V to interface with 1.8V or 3V Smart Cards. Battery life is maximized by a low operating current of 65µA and a shutdown current of less than 1µA. Board area is minimized by the low proﬁ le 3mm × 3mm × 0.75mm leadless QFN package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1263A||LTC4558EDU | Dual SIM Smart Card Power Supply and Interface||Contact Factory|
- GSM, TD-SCDMA and other 3G+ Cellular Phones
- Wireless Point-of-Sale Terminals
- Multiple SIM Card Interfaces
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1796 - Overvoltage Fault Protected CAN Transceiver
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LTM8042/LTM8042-1 - uModule Boost LED Driver and Current Source
- LT1025 - Micropower Thermocouple Cold Junction Compensator
- LTM2882 - Dual Isolated RS232 uModule Transceiver + Power
- LTM2881 - Complete Isolated RS485/RS422 uModule Transceiver + Power
- LTC5100 - 3.3V, 3.2Gbps VCSEL Driver
- LT1618 - Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage 1.4MHz Step-Up DC/DC Converter
- LTM8040 - 36V, 1A uModule LED Driver and Current Source
- LTC6994 - TimerBlox: Delay Block/ Debouncer
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.