LTC4449 - High Speed Synchronous N-Channel MOSFET Driver
- 4V to 6.5V VCC Operating Voltage
- 38V Maximum Input Supply Voltage
- Adaptive Shoot-Through Protection
- Rail-to-Rail Output Drivers
- 3.2A Peak Pull-Up Current
- 4.5A Peak Pull-Down Current
- 8ns TG Rise Time Driving 3000pF Load
- 7ns TG Fall Time Driving 3000pF Load
- Separate Supply to Match PWM Controller
- Drives Dual N-Channel MOSFETs
- Undervoltage Lockout
- Low Profile (0.75mm) 2mm × 3mm DFN Package
The LTC4449 is a high frequency gate driver that is designed to drive two N-Channel MOSFETs in a synchronous DC/DC converter. The powerful rail-to-rail driver capability reduces switching losses in MOSFETs with high gate capacitance.
The LTC4449 features a separate supply for the input logic to match the signal swing of the controller IC. If the input signal is not being driven, the LTC4449 activates a shutdown mode that turns off both external MOSFETs. The input logic signal is internally level-shifted to the bootstrapped supply, which functions at up to 42V above ground.
The LTC4449 contains undervoltage lockout circuits on both the driver and logic supplies that turn off the external MOSFETs when an undervoltage condition is present. An adaptive shoot-through protection feature is also built-in to prevent the power loss resulting from MOSFET cross conduction current.
The LTC4449 is available in the 2mm × 3mm DFN package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Distributed Power Architectures
- High Density Power Modules
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4441 - N-Channel MOSFET Gate Driver
- LTC4446 - High Voltage High Side / Low Side N-Channel MOSFET Driver
- LTC4440 - High Speed, High Voltage High Side Gate Driver
- LT1910 - Protected High Side MOSFET Driver
- LTC4440-5 - High Speed, High Voltage, High Side Gate Driver
- LTC1154 - High-Side Micropower MOSFET Driver
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC4444 - High Voltage Synchronous N-Channel MOSFET Driver
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
To open the project file for this circuit:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTpowerCAD on this computer, download and install LTpowerCAD
- Step 2: Once LTpowerCAD is installed, click on the link(s) below to open the project file
- Step 3: If LTpowerCAD does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can open the project file by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTpowerCAD and open the project file by selecting 'Open Project' from the 'File' menu