LTC4446 - High Voltage High Side / Low Side N-Channel MOSFET Driver
- Bootstrap Supply Voltage Up to 114V
- Wide VCC Voltage: 7.2V to 13.5V
- 2.5A Peak Top Gate Pull-Up Current
- 3A Peak Bottom Gate Pull-Up Current
- 1.2Ω Top Gate Driver Pull-Down
- 0.55Ω Bottom Gate Driver Pull-Down
- 5ns Top Gate Fall Time Driving 1nF Load
- 8ns Top Gate Rise Time Driving 1nF Load
- 3ns Bottom Gate Fall Time Driving 1nF Load
- 6ns Bottom Gate Rise Time Driving 1nF Load
- Drives Both High and Low Side N-Channel MOSFETs
- Undervoltage Lockout
- Thermally Enhanced 8-Pin MSOP Package
DescriptionThe LTC4446 is a high frequency high voltage gate driver that drives two N-channel MOSFETs in a DC/DC converter with supply voltages up to 100V. The powerful driver capability reduces switching losses in MOSFETs with high gate capacitance. The LTC4446’s pull-up for the top gate driver has a peak output current of 2.5A and its pull-down has an output impedance of 1.2Ω. The pull-up for the bot- tom gate driver has a peak output current of 3A and the pull-down has an output impedance of 0.55Ω.
The LTC4446 is conﬁgured for two supply-independent inputs. The high side input logic signal is internally level-shifted to the bootstrapped supply, which may function at up to 114V above ground.
The LTC4446 contains undervoltage lockout circuits that disable the external MOSFETs when activated.
The LTC4446 is available in the thermally enhanced 8-lead MSOP package.
The LTC4446 does not have adaptive shoot-through protection. For similar drivers with adaptive shoot-through protection, please refer to the chart below.
|Absolute Max TS||100V||100V||100V|
|MOSFET Gate Drive||7.2V to 13.5V||7.2V to 13.5V||4.5V to 13.5V|
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Distributed Power Architectures
- Automotive Power Supplies
- High Density Power Modules
- Telecommunication Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4440 - High Speed, High Voltage High Side Gate Driver
- LTC4441 - N-Channel MOSFET Gate Driver
- LTC4449 - High Speed Synchronous N-Channel MOSFET Driver
- LT1910 - Protected High Side MOSFET Driver
- LTC4444 - High Voltage Synchronous N-Channel MOSFET Driver
- LTC4440-5 - High Speed, High Voltage, High Side Gate Driver
- LTC1154 - High-Side Micropower MOSFET Driver
- LTC4444-5 - High Voltage Synchronous N-Channel MOSFET Driver
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: