LTC4440 - High Speed, High Voltage High Side Gate Driver
- Wide Operating VIN Range: Up to 80V
- Rugged Architecture Tolerant of 100V VIN Transients
- Powerful 1.5Ω Driver Pull-Down
- Powerful 2.4A Peak Current Driver Pull-Up
- 7ns Fall Time Driving 1000pF Load
- 10ns Rise Time Driving 1000pF Load
- Drives Standard Threshold MOSFETs
- TTL/CMOS Compatible Inputs with Hysteresis
- Input Thresholds are Independent of Supply
- Undervoltage Lockout
- Low Profile (1mm) SOT-23 (ThinSOT)™ and Thermally Enhanced 8-Pin MSOP Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC®4440 is a high frequency high side N-channel MOSFET gate driver that is designed to operate in applications with VIN voltages up to 80V. The LTC4440 can also withstand and continue to function during 100V VIN transients. The powerful driver capability reduces switching losses in MOSFETs with high gate capacitances. The LTC4440’s pull-up has a peak output current of 2.4A and its pull-down has an output impedance of 1.5Ω.
The LTC4440 features supply independent TTL/CMOS compatible input thresholds with 350mV of hysteresis. The input logic signal is internally level-shifted to the bootstrapped supply, which may function at up to 115V above ground.
The LTC4440 contains both high side and low side undervoltage lockout circuits that disable the external MOSFET when activated.
The LTC4440 is available in the low profile (1mm) SOT-23 and thermally enhanced 8-lead MSOP packages.
|Max Operating TS||80V||60V||80V|
|Abssolute Max TS||100V||80V||100V|
|MOSFET Gate Drive||8V to 15V||4V to 15V||4V to 15V|
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Telecommunications Power Systems
- Distributed Power Architectures
- Server Power Supplies
- High Density Power Modules
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1910 - Protected High Side MOSFET Driver
- LTC4441 - N-Channel MOSFET Gate Driver
- LTC4440-5 - High Speed, High Voltage, High Side Gate Driver
- LTC4446 - High Voltage High Side / Low Side N-Channel MOSFET Driver
- LTC4449 - High Speed Synchronous N-Channel MOSFET Driver
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC4440A-5 - High Speed, High Voltage, High Side Gate Driver
- LTC1154 - High-Side Micropower MOSFET Driver
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: