LTC4420 - 18V Dual Input Micropower PowerPath Prioritizer with Backup Supply Monitoring
- Selects Highest Priority Valid Supply from Two Inputs
- Wide 1.8V to 18V Operating Range
- Internal Dual 2Ω, 0.5A Switches
- Low 3.6µA Operating Current
- Low 320nA V2 Current When V1 Connected to OUT
- Blocks Reverse and Cross Conduction Currents
- Reverse Supply Protection to –15V
- Built-In V2 Test with Optional V2 Disconnect
- V2 Freshness Seal/Ship Mode
- ±1.5% Accurate Adjustable Switchover Threshold
- ±2.3% Accurate V2 Monitor and Comparator
- Overcurrent and Thermal Protection
- Thermally Enhanced 12-Pin 3mm × 3mm DFN and 12-Lead Exposed Pad MSOP Packages
The LTC®4420 is a dual input monolithic PowerPath™ prioritizer, with low operating current, that provides backup switchover for keeping critical circuitry alive during brownout and power loss conditions. Unlike diode-OR products, little current is drawn from the inactive supply even if its voltage is greater than the active supply.
Internal 2Ω, current limited PMOS switches provide power path selection from a primary input (V1) or a backup input (V2) to the output. Two adjustable voltage monitors set via external resistive dividers provide flexibility in setting V1 to V2 switchover and V2 undervoltage thresholds. V1 is monitored continuously while V2 supply monitoring includes controllable low duty cycle UV monitoring. When primary input V1 drops, the ADJ monitor causes OUT to be switched to V2. When V2 drops, it is disconnected from OUT if V2DIS is low. Fast non-overlap switchover circuitry prevents reverse and cross conduction while minimizing output droop.
Auxiliary voltage monitor CMP1 provides flexible voltage monitoring and output V2OK provides V2 undervoltage status. Freshness seal mode prevents V2 battery discharge during storage or shipment.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2208A||LTC4420CDD Demo Board | 18V Dual Input Micropower PowerPath Prioritizer with Backup Supply Monitoring||$75.00|
- Low Power Battery Backup
- Portable Equipment
- Point-of-Sale (POS) Equipment
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4419 - 18V Dual Input Micropower PowerPath Prioritizer
- LTC4417 - Prioritized PowerPath Controller
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC3118 - 18V, 2A Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter with Low-Loss Dual Input PowerPath
- LTC4412 - Low Loss PowerPath Controller in ThinSOT
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
- LT3042 - 20V, 200mA, Ultralow Noise, Ultrahigh PSRR RF Linear Regulator
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.