LTC4420 - 18V Dual Input Micropower PowerPath Prioritizer with Backup Supply Monitoring
- Selects Highest Priority Valid Supply from Two Inputs
- Wide 1.8V to 18V Operating Range
- Internal Dual 2Ω, 0.5A Switches
- Low 3.6µA Operating Current
- Low 320nA V2 Current When V1 Connected to OUT
- Blocks Reverse and Cross Conduction Currents
- Reverse Supply Protection to –15V
- Built-In V2 Test with Optional V2 Disconnect
- V2 Freshness Seal/Ship Mode
- ±1.5% Accurate Adjustable Switchover Threshold
- ±2.3% Accurate V2 Monitor and Comparator
- Overcurrent and Thermal Protection
- Thermally Enhanced 12-Pin 3mm × 3mm DFN and 12-Lead Exposed Pad MSOP Packages
The LTC®4420 is a dual input monolithic PowerPath™ prioritizer, with low operating current, that provides backup switchover for keeping critical circuitry alive during brownout and power loss conditions. Unlike diode-OR products, little current is drawn from the inactive supply even if its voltage is greater than the active supply.
Internal 2Ω, current limited PMOS switches provide power path selection from a primary input (V1) or a backup input (V2) to the output. Two adjustable voltage monitors set via external resistive dividers provide flexibility in setting V1 to V2 switchover and V2 undervoltage thresholds. V1 is monitored continuously while V2 supply monitoring includes controllable low duty cycle UV monitoring. When primary input V1 drops, the ADJ monitor causes OUT to be switched to V2. When V2 drops, it is disconnected from OUT if V2DIS is low. Fast non-overlap switchover circuitry prevents reverse and cross conduction while minimizing output droop.
Auxiliary voltage monitor CMP1 provides flexible voltage monitoring and output V2OK provides V2 undervoltage status. Freshness seal mode prevents V2 battery discharge during storage or shipment.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2208A||LTC4420CDD Demo Board | 18V Dual Input Micropower PowerPath Prioritizer with Backup Supply Monitoring||$75.00|
- Low Power Battery Backup
- Portable Equipment
- Point-of-Sale (POS) Equipment
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4417 - Prioritized PowerPath Controller
- LTC4419 - 18V Dual Input Micropower PowerPath Prioritizer
- LTC3118 - 18V, 2A Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter with Low-Loss Dual Input PowerPath
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LT3042 - 20V, 200mA, Ultralow Noise, Ultrahigh PSRR RF Linear Regulator
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC4412 - Low Loss PowerPath Controller in ThinSOT
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download:
- LTspice IV - A powerful SPICE simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators
- LTpowerCAD - A complete power supply selection, synthesis and design tool
- LTpowerPlay - A development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products
- PScope & QuikEval - USB-based product demonstration and data acquisition system for use with our ADCs, DACs, and more
- Linduino - Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code
- LinearLab Tools - A collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards
- And More!