LTC4419 - 18V Dual Input Micropower PowerPath Prioritizer
- Selects Highest Priority Valid Supply from Two Inputs
- Wide 1.8V to 18V Operating Range
- Internal Dual 2Ω, 0.5A Switches
- Low 3.6µA Operating Current
- Low 320nA V2 Current When V1 Connected to OUT
- Blocks Reverse and Cross Conduction Currents
- Reverse Supply Protection to –15V
- V2 Freshness Seal/Ship Mode
- ±1.5% Accurate Adjustable Switchover Threshold
- Two Auxiliary ±2.3% Accurate Voltage Comparators
- Overcurrent and Thermal Protection
- Thermally Enhanced 10-Pin 3mm × 3mm DFN and 12-Lead Exposed Pad MSOP Packages
The LTC®4419 is a dual input monolithic PowerPath™ prioritizer with low operating current, that provides backup switchover for keeping critical circuitry alive during brown out and power loss conditions. Unlike diode-OR products, little current is drawn from the inactive supply even if its voltage is greater than the active supply.
Internal 2Ω, current limited PMOS switches provide power path selection from a primary input (V1) or a backup input (V2) to the output. An adjustable voltage monitor set via an external resistive divider provides flexibility in setting the V1 to V2 switchover threshold. When primary input V1 drops, the ADJ monitor input causes OUT to be switched to V2. Fast non-overlap switchover circuitry prevents both reverse and cross conduction while minimizing output droop.
The LTC4419 has two auxiliary comparators with open-drain outputs that provide flexible voltage monitoring. The V2ON output indicates if V2 is powering OUT. Freshness seal mode prevents V2 battery discharge during storage or shipment.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2160A||LTC4419CDD Demo Board | 18V Dual Input Micropower PowerPath Prioritizer||$75.00|
- Low Power Battery Backup
- Portable Equipment
- Point-of-Sale (POS) Equipment
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4417 - Prioritized PowerPath Controller
- LTC4420 - 18V Dual Input Micropower PowerPath Prioritizer with Backup Supply Monitoring
- LTC4412 - Low Loss PowerPath Controller in ThinSOT
- LTC3118 - 18V, 2A Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter with Low-Loss Dual Input PowerPath
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC4415 - Dual 4A Ideal Diodes with Adjustable Current Limit
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LT8490 - High Voltage, High Current Buck-Boost Battery Charge Controller with Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
- LTC4416/LTC4416-1 - 36V, Low Loss Dual PowerPath Controllers for Large PFETs
- LT3042 - 20V, 200mA, Ultralow Noise, Ultrahigh PSRR RF Linear Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.