LTC4417 - Prioritized PowerPath Controller
- Selects Highest Priority Supply from Three Inputs
- Blocks Reverse and Cross Conduction Currents
- Wide Operating Voltage Range: 2.5V to 36V
- –42V Protection Against Reverse Battery Connection
- Fast Switchover Minimizes Output Voltage Droop
- Low 28μA Operating Current
- <1μA Current Draw from Supplies Less than VOUT
- 1.5% Input Overvoltage/Undervoltage Protection
- Adjustable Overvoltage/Undervoltage Hysteresis
- P-Channel MOSFET Gate Protection Clamp
- Cascadable for Additional Input Supplies
- 24-Lead Narrow SSOP and 4mm × 4mm QFN Packages
The LTC®4417 connects one of three valid power supplies to a common output based on priority. Priority is defined by pin assignment, with V1 assigned the highest priority and V3 the lowest priority. A power supply is defined as valid when its voltage has been within its overvoltage (OV) and undervoltage (UV) window continuously for at least 256ms. If the highest priority valid input falls out of the OV/UV window, the channel is immediately disconnected and the next highest priority valid input is connected to the common output. Two or more LTC4417s can be cascaded to provide switchover between more than three inputs.
The LTC4417 incorporates fast non-overlap switching circuitry to prevent both reverse and cross conduction while minimizing output droop. The gate driver includes a 6V clamp to protect external MOSFETs. A controlled output ramp feature minimizes start-up inrush current. Open drain VALID outputs indicate the input supplies have been within their OV/UV window for 256ms.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1717A||LTC4417CUF Demoboard : Prioritized PowerPath Controller||$75.00|
- Industrial Handheld Instruments
- High Availability Systems
- Battery Backup Systems
- Servers and Computer Peripherals
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
- LTC4370 - Two-Supply Diode-OR Current Balancing Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC4412 - Low Loss PowerPath Controller in ThinSOT
- LT8300 - 100VIN Micropower Isolated Flyback Converter with 150V/260mA Switch
- LTC4415 - Dual 4A Ideal Diodes with Adjustable Current Limit
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3761 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV