LTC4417 - Prioritized PowerPath Controller
- Selects Highest Priority Supply from Three Inputs
- Blocks Reverse and Cross Conduction Currents
- Wide Operating Voltage Range: 2.5V to 36V
- –42V Protection Against Reverse Battery Connection
- Fast Switchover Minimizes Output Voltage Droop
- Low 28μA Operating Current
- <1μA Current Draw from Supplies Less than VOUT
- 1.5% Input Overvoltage/Undervoltage Protection
- Adjustable Overvoltage/Undervoltage Hysteresis
- P-Channel MOSFET Gate Protection Clamp
- Cascadable for Additional Input Supplies
- 24-Lead Narrow SSOP and 4mm × 4mm QFN Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC®4417 connects one of three valid power supplies to a common output based on priority. Priority is defined by pin assignment, with V1 assigned the highest priority and V3 the lowest priority. A power supply is defined as valid when its voltage has been within its overvoltage (OV) and undervoltage (UV) window continuously for at least 256ms. If the highest priority valid input falls out of the OV/UV window, the channel is immediately disconnected and the next highest priority valid input is connected to the common output. Two or more LTC4417s can be cascaded to provide switchover between more than three inputs.
The LTC4417 incorporates fast non-overlap switching circuitry to prevent both reverse and cross conduction while minimizing output droop. The gate driver includes a 6V clamp to protect external MOSFETs. A controlled output ramp feature minimizes start-up inrush current. Open drain VALID outputs indicate the input supplies have been within their OV/UV window for 256ms.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1717A||LTC4417CUF Demoboard : Prioritized PowerPath Controller||$75.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Industrial Handheld Instruments
- High Availability Systems
- Battery Backup Systems
- Servers and Computer Peripherals
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4412 - Low Loss PowerPath Controller in ThinSOT
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC4370 - Two-Supply Diode-OR Current Balancing Controller
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC4415 - Dual 4A Ideal Diodes with Adjustable Current Limit
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: