LTC4416/LTC4416-1 - 36V, Low Loss Dual PowerPath Controllers for Large PFETs
- Designed Specifically to Drive Large and Small QG PFETs
- Very Low Loss Replacement for Power Supply OR’ing Diodes
- Wide Operating Voltage Range: 3.6V to 36V
- –40°C to 125°C Operating Temperature Range
- Reverse Battery Protection
- Automatic Switching Between DC Sources
- Low Quiescent Current: 35μA per Channel
- Load Current Sharing
- MOSFET Gate Protection Clamp
- Precision Input Control Comparators for Setting Switchover Threshold Points
- Open-Drain Feedback Points for Customer Specified Hysteresis Control
- Minimal External Components
- Space Saving 10-Lead MSOP Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
DescriptionThe LTC4416/LTC4416-1 control two sets of external P-channel MOSFETs to create two near ideal diode functions for power switchover circuits. This permits highly effi cient OR’ing of multiple power sources for extended battery life and low self heating. When conducting, the voltage drop across the MOSFET is typically 25mV. For applications with a wall adapter or other auxiliary power source, the load is automatically disconnected from the battery when the auxiliary source is connected.
The LTC4416 integrates two interconnected PowerPath controllers with soft switchover control. The “soft-off” switchover permits the users to transfer between two dissimilar voltages without excessive voltage undershoot (or VDROOP) in the output supply. The LTC4416/LTC4416-1 also contain a “fast-on” feature that dramatically increases gate drive current when the forward input voltage exceeds 25mV. The LTC4416 “fast off” feature is engaged when the sense voltage exceeds the input voltage by 25mV. The LTC4416-1 enables the fast off under the same conditions and when the other external P-channel device is selected using the enable pins.
The wide operating supply range supports operation from one to eight Li-Ion cells in series. The low quiescent current (35μA per channel) is independent of the load current. The gate driver includes an internal voltage clamp for MOSFET protection.
The LTC4416/LTC4416-1 are available in low profi le 10-lead MSOP packages.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1059A||LTC4416EMS Demo Board | Dual PowerPath Controller||$100.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- High Current PowerPath Switch
- Industrial and Automotive Applications
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies
- Logic Controlled Power Switch
- Battery Backup System
- Emergency Systems with Battery Backups
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4412 - Low Loss PowerPath Controller in ThinSOT
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC4417 - Prioritized PowerPath Controller
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC4370 - Two-Supply Diode-OR Current Balancing Controller
- LTC4355 - Positive High Voltage Ideal Diode-OR with Input Supply and Fuse Monitors
- LTC4357 - Positive High Voltage Ideal Diode Controller
- LTC4415 - Dual 4A Ideal Diodes with Adjustable Current Limit
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: