LTC4415 - Dual 4A Ideal Diodes with Adjustable Current Limit
- Dual 50mΩ Monolithic Ideal Diodes
- 1.7V to 5.5V Operating Range
- Up to 4A Adjustable Current Limit for Each Diode
- Low Reverse Leakage Current (1μA Max)
- 15mV Forward Drop in Regulation
- Smooth Switchover in Diode ORing
- Load Current Monitor
- Precision Enable Thresholds to Set Switchover
- Soft-Start to Limit Inrush Current on Start-Up
- Status Pins to Indicate Forward Diode Conduction
- Current and Thermal Limit with Warning
- Thermally Enhanced 16-Lead MSOP and DFN (3mm × 5mm) Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC®4415 contains two monolithic PowerPath ideal diodes, each capable of supplying up to 4A with typical forward conduction resistance of 50mΩ. The diode voltage drops are regulated to 15mV during forward conduction at low currents, extending the power supply operating range and ensuring no oscillations during supply switchover. Less than 1μA of reverse current flows from OUT to IN making this device well suited for power supply ORing applications.
The two ideal diodes are independently enabled and prioritized using inputs EN1 and EN2. The output current limits can be adjusted independently from 0.5A to 4A using resistors on the CLIM pins. Furthermore, the ideal diode currents can be monitored via CLIM pin voltages.
Open-drain status pins indicate when the ideal diodes are forward conducting. When the die temperature approaches thermal shutdown, or if the output load exceeds the current limit threshold, the corresponding warning pins are pulled low.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1819A||LTC4415EMSE Demo Board I Dual 4A Ideal Diodes with Adjustable Current Limit||$125.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- High Current PowerPath™ Switch
- Battery and Wall Adapter Diode ORing
- Backup Battery Diode ORing
- Logic Controlled High Current Power Switch
- Supercapacitor ORing
- Multiple Battery Sharing
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4412 - Low Loss PowerPath Controller in ThinSOT
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC4358 - 5A Ideal Diode
- LTC4370 - Two-Supply Diode-OR Current Balancing Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC4411 - 2.6A Low Loss Ideal Diode in ThinSOT
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: