LTC4414 - 36V, Low Loss PowerPath Controller for Large PFETs
- Designed Specifically to Drive Large QG PFETs
- Very Low Loss Replacement for Power Supply OR’ing Diodes
- 3.5V to 36V AC/DC Adapter Voltage Range
- Minimal External Components
- Automatic Switching Between DC Sources
- Low Quiescent Current: 30µA
- 3V to 36V Battery Voltage Range
- Limited Reverse Battery Protection
- MOSFET Gate Protection Clamp
- Manual Control Input
- Space Saving 8-Lead MSOP Package
DescriptionThe LTC4414 controls an external P-channel MOSFET to create a near ideal diode function for power switchover. This permits highly efficient OR’ing of multiple power sources for extended battery life and low self- heating. When conducting, the voltage drop across the MOSFET is typically 20mV. For applications with a wall adapter or other auxiliary power source, the load is automatically disconnected from the battery when the auxiliary source is connected. Two or more LTC4414s may be interconnected to allow switchover between multiple batteries or charging of multiple batteries from a single charger.
The wide supply operating range supports operation from one to eight Li-Ion cells in series. The low quiescent current (30µA typical) is independent of the load current. The gate driver includes an internal voltage clamp for MOSFET protection.
The STAT pin can be used to enable an auxiliary P-channel MOSFET power switch when an auxiliary supply is detected. This pin may also be used to indicate to a microcontroller that an auxiliary supply is connected. The control (CTL) input enables the user to force the primary MOSFET off and the STAT pin low.
The LTC4414 is available in a low profile 8-lead MSOP package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1635A||LTC4412 / LTC4414 Demo Board u VIN1=2.5V to 36V / VIN2= 5V to 36V , V OUT1 @ 2A / V OUT2 @ 8A||$75.00|
- High Current Power Path Switch
- Industrial and Automotive Applications
- Uninterruptable Power Supplies
- Logic Controlled Power Switch
- Battery Backup Systems
- Emergency Systems with Battery Backups
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4412 - Low Loss PowerPath Controller in ThinSOT
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC4416/LTC4416-1 - 36V, Low Loss Dual PowerPath Controllers for Large PFETs
- LTC4357 - Positive High Voltage Ideal Diode Controller
- LTC4415 - Dual 4A Ideal Diodes with Adjustable Current Limit
- LTC4412HV - 36V, Low Loss PowerPath Controller in ThinSOT
- LTC4417 - Prioritized PowerPath Controller
- LTC4358 - 5A Ideal Diode
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.