LTC4412 - Low Loss PowerPath Controller in ThinSOT
- Very Low Loss Replacement for Power Supply OR’ing Diodes
- Minimal External Components
- Automatic Switching Between DC Sources
- Simplifies Load Sharing with Multiple Batteries
- Low Quiescent Current: 11µA
- 3V to 28V AC/DC Adapter Voltage Range
- 2.5V to 28V Battery Voltage Range
- Reverse Battery Protection
- Drives Almost Any Size MOSFET for Wide Range of Current Requirements
- MOSFET Gate Protection Clamp
- Manual Control Input
- Low Profile (1mm) ThinSOT™ Package
The LTC4412 controls an external P-channel MOSFET to create a near ideal diode function for power switchover or load sharing. This permits highly efficient OR’ing of multiple power sources for extended battery life and low self-heating. When conducting, the voltage drop across the MOSFET is typically 20mV. For applications with a wall adapter or other auxiliary power source, the load is automatically disconnected from the battery when the auxiliary source is connected. Two or more LTC4412s may be interconnected to allow load sharing between multiple batteries or charging of multiple batteries from a single charger.
The wide supply operating range supports operation from one to six Li-Ion cells in series. The low quiescent current (11µA typical) is independent of the load current. The gate driver includes an internal voltage clamp for MOSFET protection.
The STAT pin can be used to enable an auxiliary P-channel MOSFET power switch when an auxiliary supply is detected. This pin may also be used to indicate to a microcontroller that an auxiliary supply is connected. The control (CTL) input enables the user to force the primary MOSFET off and the STAT pin low.
The LTC4412 is available in a low profile (1mm) ThinSOT package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1635A||LTC4412 / LTC4414 Demo Board u VIN1=2.5V to 36V / VIN2= 5V to 36V , V OUT1 @ 2A / V OUT2 @ 8A||$75.00|
- Cellular Phones
- Notebook and Handheld Computers
- Digital Cameras
- USB-Powered Peripherals
- Uninterruptable Power Supplies
- Logic Controlled Power Switch
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4370 - Two-Supply Diode-OR Current Balancing Controller
- LTC4415 - Dual 4A Ideal Diodes with Adjustable Current Limit
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
- LTC4411 - 2.6A Low Loss Ideal Diode in ThinSOT
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC4358 - 5A Ideal Diode
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC4412HV - 36V, Low Loss PowerPath Controller in ThinSOT
- LTC4357 - Positive High Voltage Ideal Diode Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV