LTC4412 - Low Loss PowerPath Controller in ThinSOT
- Very Low Loss Replacement for Power Supply OR’ing Diodes
- Minimal External Components
- Automatic Switching Between DC Sources
- Simplifies Load Sharing with Multiple Batteries
- Low Quiescent Current: 11μA
- 3V to 28V AC/DC Adapter Voltage Range
- 2.5V to 28V Battery Voltage Range
- Reverse Battery Protection
- Drives Almost Any Size MOSFET for Wide Range of Current Requirements
- MOSFET Gate Protection Clamp
- Manual Control Input
- Low Profile (1mm) ThinSOT™ Package
The LTC®4412 controls an external P-channel MOSFET to create a near ideal diode function for power switchover or load sharing. This permits highly efficient OR’ing of multiple power sources for extended battery life and low self-heating. When conducting, the voltage drop across the MOSFET is typically 20mV. For applications with a wall adapter or other auxiliary power source, the load is automatically disconnected from the battery when the auxiliary source is connected. Two or more LTC4412s may be interconnected to allow load sharing between multiple batteries or charging of multiple batteries from a single charger.
The wide supply operating range supports operation from one to six Li-Ion cells in series. The low quiescent current (11μA typical) is independent of the load current. The gate driver includes an internal voltage clamp for MOSFET protection.
The STAT pin can be used to enable an auxiliary P-channel MOSFET power switch when an auxiliary supply is detected. This pin may also be used to indicate to a microcontroller that an auxiliary supply is connected. The control (CTL) input enables the user to force the primary MOSFET off and the STAT pin low.
The LTC4412 is available in a low profile (1mm) ThinSOT package.
|LTC4412||2.5V – 28V (36V max)|
|LTC4412HV||2.5V – 36V (40V max)|
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1635A||LTC4412 / LTC4414 Demo Board u VIN1=2.5V to 36V / VIN2= 5V to 36V , V OUT1 @ 2A / V OUT2 @ 8A||$75.00|
- Cellular Phones
- Notebook and Handheld Computers
- Digital Cameras
- USB-Powered Peripherals
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies
- Logic Controlled Power Switch
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
- LTC4411 - 2.6A Low Loss Ideal Diode in ThinSOT
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC4415 - Dual 4A Ideal Diodes with Adjustable Current Limit
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC4358 - 5A Ideal Diode
- LTC4417 - Prioritized PowerPath Controller
- LTC4370 - Two-Supply Diode-OR Current Balancing Controller
- LTC4365 - Overvoltage, Undervoltage and Reverse Supply Protection Controller
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: