LTC4402 - Multiband RF Power Controllers for EDGE/TDMA
- Supports AM Modulation in EDGE/TDMA (ANSI-136) Applications
- Single Output RF Power Amplifier Control (LTC4402-1)
- Dual Output RF Power Amplifier Control (LTC4402-2)
- Internal Schottky Diode Detector with >40dB Range
- Wide Input Frequency Range: 300MHz to 2.4GHz
- Autozero Loop Cancels Offset Errors and Temperature Dependent Offsets
- Wide VIN Range: 2.7V to 6V
- 450kHz Loop Bandwidth
- Allows Direct Connection to Battery
- RF Output Power Set by External DAC
- Internal Frequency Compensation
- Rail-to-Rail Power Control Outputs
- Low Operating Current: 1mA
- Low Shutdown Current: <10µA
- PCTL Input Filter
- Available in a 8-Pin MSOP Package (LTC4402-1) and 10-Pin MSOP (LTC4402-2)
The LTC4402-2 is a multiband RF power controller for RF power amplifiers operating in the 300MHz to 2.4GHz range. The LTC4402-2 has two outputs to control dual TX PA modules with two control inputs. An internal sample and hold circuit enables the LTC4402-2 to be used with AM modulation via the carrier or PA supply. The input voltage range is optimized for operation from a single lithium-ion cell or 3x NiMH.
RF power is controlled by driving the RF amplifier power control pins and sensing the resultant RF output power. The RF sense voltage is peak detected using an on-chip Schottky diode. This detected voltage is compared to the DAC voltage at the PCTL pin to control the output power.
The LTC4402-1 is a single output RF power controller with identical performance to the LTC4402-2. The LTC4402-1 has one output to control a single TX PA or dual TX PA module with a single control input and is available in an 8-pin MSOP package.
Internal and external offsets are cancelled over temperature by an autozero control loop. The shutdown feature disables the part and reduces the supply current to <10µA.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Multiband GSM/GPRS/EDGE Cellular Phones
- PCS Devices
- Wireless Data Modems
- U.S. TDMA Cellular Phones
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC6946 - Ultralow Noise and Spurious 0.37GHz to 5.7GHz Integer-N Synthesizer with Integrated VCO
- LTC6945 - Ultralow Noise and Spurious 0.35GHz to 6GHz Integer-N Synthesizer
- LT5560 - 0.01MHz to 4GHz Low Power Active Mixer
- LTC6409 - 10GHz GBW, 1.1nV/√Hz Differential Amplifier/ADC Driver
- LT5581 - 6GHz RMS Power Detector with 40dB Dynamic Range
- LT5538 - 40MHz to 3.8GHz RF Power Detector with 75dB Dynamic Range
- LTC5587 - 6 GHz RMS Power Detector with Digital Output
- LTC4366-1/LTC4366-2 - High Voltage Surge Stopper
- LT1158 - Half Bridge N-Channel Power MOSFET Driver
- LTC5508 - 300MHz to 7GHz RF Power Detector with Buffered Output in SC70 Package
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.