LTC4371 - Dual Negative Voltage Ideal Diode-OR Controller and Monitor
- Controls N-Channel MOSFETs to Replace Power Schottky Diodes
- Low 15mV Forward Voltage Minimizes Dissipation
- Withstands > ±300V Transients
- Fast Turn-Off: <220ns
- Shunt Regulated for High Voltage Applications
- 4.5V Minimum Operation
- Low 350μA Quiescent Current
- 5mA Gate Pull-Up for 60Hz Applications
- High Impedance Drain Pins: <10μA Leakage
- Open Fuse and MOSFET Monitor
- 10-Pin (3mm × 3mm) DFN and MSOP Packages
The LTC®4371 is a two-input negative voltage ideal diode-OR controller that drives external N-channel MOSFETs as a low dissipation alternative to Schottky diodes in high power –48V systems. Low power dissipation and voltage loss eliminates the need for heatsinks and reduces PC board area. Power sources can be easily ORed together to increase total system power and reliability.
The LTC4371 tolerates ±300V transients such as those experienced during lightning-induced surges and input supply short-circuit events. The internal shunt regulator and low 350μA quiescent current allow the use of a large value dropping resistor to protect the supply pin against high voltage transients, while the high impedance drain pins can be similarly protected by high value series resistors without compromising diode operation.
The 220ns reverse current turn-off is achieved by a powerful 2A gate driver with low propagation delay, thereby minimizing peak reverse current under catastrophic fault conditions. Open MOSFET and fuse faults are indicated at the FAULTB pin, which is capable of sinking 5mA to drive an LED or opto isolator.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2180A||LTC4371 Demoboard | Dual -48V, 50A Ideal Diode-OR||$75.00|
- –48V Telecom Power
- AdvancedTCA Systems
- Network Routers and Switches
- Computer Systems and Servers
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
- LTC4357 - Positive High Voltage Ideal Diode Controller
- LTC4380 - Low Quiescent Current Surge Stopper
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT3042 - 20V, 200mA, Ultralow Noise, Ultrahigh PSRR RF Linear Regulator
- LT6654 - Precision Wide Supply High Output Drive Low Noise Reference
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC4355 - Positive High Voltage Ideal Diode-OR with Input Supply and Fuse Monitors
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.