LTC4370 - Two-Supply Diode-OR Current Balancing Controller
- Shares Load Between Two Supplies
- Eliminates Need for Active Control of Input Supplies
- No Share Bus Required
- Blocks Reverse Current
- No Shoot-Through Current During Start-Up or Faults
- 0V to 18V High Side Operation
- Enable Inputs
- MOSFET On Status Outputs
- Dual Ideal Diode Mode
- 16-Lead DFN (4mm × 3mm) and MSOP Packages
The LTC®4370 is a two-supply current sharing controller which incorporates MOSFET ideal diodes. The diodes block reverse and shoot-through currents during start-up and fault conditions. Their forward voltage is adjusted to share the load currents between supplies. Unlike other sharing methods, neither a share bus nor trim pins on the supply are required.
The maximum MOSFET voltage drop can be set with a resistor. A fast gate turn-on reduces the load voltage droop during supply switchover. If the input supply fails or is shorted, a fast turn-off minimizes reverse current transients.
The controller operates with supplies from 2.9V to 18V. For lower rail voltages, an external supply is needed at the VCC pin. Enable inputs can be used to turn off the MOSFET and put the controller in a low current state. Status outputs indicate whether the MOSFETs are on or off. The load sharing function can be disabled to turn the LTC4370 into a dual ideal diode controller.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1741A||LTC4370CDE Demoboard | Two-Supply Diode-OR Current Sharing Controller||$75.00|
- Redundant Power Supplies
- High Availability Systems and Servers
- Telecom and Network Infrastructure
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTM4620 - Dual 13A or Single 26A DC/DC µModule Regulator
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC4415 - Dual 4A Ideal Diodes with Adjustable Current Limit
- LTC4366-1/LTC4366-2 - High Voltage Surge Stopper
- LTC4353 - Dual Low Voltage Ideal Diode Controller
- LT3791 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost LED Driver Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV