LTC4368 - 100V UV/OV and Reverse Protection Controller with Bidirectional Circuit Breaker
- Wide Operating Voltage Range: 2.5V to 60V
- Overvoltage Protection to 100V
- Reverse Supply Protection to –40V
- Bidirectional Electronic Circuit Breaker:
+50mV Forward Sense Threshold
–50mV Reverse (LTC4368-1)
–3mV Reverse (LTC4368-2)
- Adjustable ±1.5% Undervoltage and Overvoltage Thresholds
- Low Operating Current: 80μA
- Low Shutdown Current: 5μA
- Controls Back-to-Back N-Channel MOSFETs
- Blocks 50Hz and 60Hz AC Power
- Hot Swappable Supply Input
- Pin-Selectable Overcurrent Auto-Retry Timer or Latchoff
- 10-Pin MSOP and 3mm × 3mm DFN Packages
The LTC®4368 protects applications from power supply voltages that may be too high, too low, or even negative and from overcurrent faults in both forward and reverse directions. The LTC4368 controls the gate voltage of a pair of external N-channel MOSFETs to ensure that the load is connected to the input supply only when there are no voltage or current faults.
Two comparator inputs allow configuration of the overvoltage (OV) and undervoltage (UV) set points using an external resistive divider. A current sense resistor sets the forward and reverse circuit breaker current thresholds. After a forward current fault, the LTC4368 will either latch off power, or retry after a user adjustable delay. After a reverse current fault, the LTC4368 waits for the output to fall 100mV below the input to reconnect power to the load.
The LTC4368 has a 32ms turn-on delay that debounces live supply input connections and blocks 50Hz and 60Hz AC power. UV/OV faults also trigger the 32ms recovery delay before the external MOSFETs are turned back on.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricingsales office or authorized distributor.
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2418A-A||LTC4368-1 Demo Board | UV, OV, OC and Reverse Supply Protection with -50mV Reverse ECB||$75.00|
|DC2418A-B||LTC4368-2 Demo Board | UV, OV, OC and Reverse Supply Protection with -3mV Reverse ECB||$75.00|
- Reverse Battery Protection
- Portable Instrumentation
- Automotive and Industrial Surge Protection
- Energy Storage Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC4380 - Low Quiescent Current Surge Stopper
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT8390 - 60V Synchronous 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller with Spread Spectrum
- LTC4365 - Overvoltage, Undervoltage and Reverse Supply Protection Controller
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
- LTC4367 - 100V Overvoltage, Undervoltage and Reverse Supply Protection Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT4356-1 and LT4356-2 - Surge Stopper
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.