LTC4365 - Overvoltage, Undervoltage and Reverse Supply Protection Controller
- Wide Operating Voltage Range: 2.5V to 34V
- Overvoltage Protection to 60V
- Reverse Supply Protection to –40V
- LTC4365: Blocks 50Hz and 60Hz AC Power
- LTC4365-1: Fast (1ms) Recovery from Fault
- No Input Capacitor or TVS Required for Most Applications
- Adjustable Undervoltage and Overvoltage Protection Range
- Charge Pump Enhances External N-Channel MOSFET
- Low Operating Current: 125μA
- Low Shutdown Current: 10μA
- Compact 8-Lead, 3mm × 2mm DFN and TSOT-23 (ThinSOT™) Packages
The LTC®4365 protects applications where power supply input voltages may be too high, too low or even negative. It does this by controlling the gate voltages of a pair of external N-channel MOSFETs to ensure that the output stays within a safe operating range.The LTC4365 can withstand voltages between –40V and 60V and has an operating range of 2.5V to 34V, while consuming only 125μA in normal operation.
Two comparator inputs allow configuration of the overvoltage (OV) and undervoltage (UV) set points using an external resistive divider. A shutdown pin provides external control for enabling and disabling the MOSFETs as well as placing the device in a low current shutdown state. A fault output provides status of the gate pin pulling low. A fault is indicated when the part is in shutdown or the input voltage is outside the UV and OV set points.
The LTC4365 has a 36ms turn-on delay that debounces live connections and blocks 50Hz to 60Hz AC power. For fast recovery after faults, the LTC4365-1 has a reduced 1ms turn-on delay.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1555B||LTC4365CTS8 Demo Board: High Voltage NFET Driver for UV, OV and Reverse Supply Protection||$25.00|
|DC1555C-B||LTC4365CTS8-1 Demo Board | High Voltage NFET Driver for UV, OV and Reverse Supply Protection with 1ms Fault Recovery||$25.00|
- Portable Instrumentation
- Industrial Automation
- Automotive Surge Protection
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC4366-1/LTC4366-2 - High Voltage Surge Stopper
- LT4356-1 and LT4356-2 - Surge Stopper
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC4361-1/LTC4361-2 - Overvoltage/Overcurrent Protection Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: