LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- Wide Operating Voltage Range: 4V to 80V
- Withstands Surges Over 80V with VCC Clamp
- Adjustable Output Clamp Voltage
- Ideal Diode Controller Holds Up Output Voltage During Input Brownouts
- Reverse Input Protection to -40V
- Reverse Output Protection to -20V
- Overcurrent Protection
- Low 10μA Shutdown Current at 12V
- Adjustable Fault Timer
- 0.1% Retry Duty Cycle During Faults (LTC4364-2)
- Available in 4mm x 3mm 14-Lead DFN, 16-Lead MSOP, and 16-Lead SO Packages
The LTC4364 surge stopper with ideal diode controller protects loads from high voltage transients. It limits and regulates the output during an overvoltage event, such as load dump in automobiles, by controlling the voltage drop across an external N-channel MOSFET pass device. The LTC4364 also includes a timed, current limited circuit breaker. In a fault condition, an adjustable fault timer must expire before the pass device is turned off. The LTC4364-1 latches off the pass device while the LTC4364-2 automatically restarts after a delay. The LTC4364 precisely monitors the input supply for overvoltage (OV) and undervoltage (UV) conditions. The external MOSFET is held off in undervoltage and auto-retry is disabled in overvoltage.
An integrated ideal diode controller drives a second MOSFET to replace a Schottky diode for reverse input protection and output voltage holdup. The LTC4364 controls the forward voltage drop across the MOSFET and minimizes reverse current transients upon power source failure, brownout or input short.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
DFN-14, MS-16, SO-16
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2027A-A||LTC4364DE-1 Demoboard: 12V Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode, Latch Off.||$75.00|
|DC2027A-B||LTC4364DE-2 Demoboard: 12V Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode, Auto Retry.||$75.00|
- Automotive/Avionic Surge Protection
- Hot Swap/Live Insertion
- Redundant Supply ORing
- Output Port Protection
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
- LTC4366-1/LTC4366-2 - High Voltage Surge Stopper
- LTC4365 - Overvoltage, Undervoltage and Reverse Supply Protection Controller
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT4356-1 and LT4356-2 - Surge Stopper
- LTC4370 - Two-Supply Diode-OR Current Balancing Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: