LTC4362-1/LTC4362-2 - 1.2A Overvoltage/ Overcurrent Protector
- 2.5V to 5.5V Operation
- Overvoltage Protection Up to 28V
- Internal 40mΩ N-Channel MOSFET and 31mΩ RSENSE
- Avalanche Rated MOSFET Requires No Input Capacitor or TVS for Most Applications
- <1μs Overvoltage Turn-Off, Gentle Shutdown
- 2% Accurate 5.8V Overvoltage Threshold
- 20% Accurate 1.5A Overcurrent Threshold
- Input Withstands Up to ±25kV HBM ESD with 1μF COUT
- Controlled Power-Up dV/dt Limits Inrush Current
- Reverse Voltage Protection Driver
- Low Current Shutdown
- Latchoff (LTC4362-1) or Auto-Retry (LTC4362-2) After Overcurrent
- Available in 8-Lead DFN 2mm × 3mm Package
The LTC4362 monolithic overvoltage/overcurrent protector safeguards 2.5V to 5.5V systems from power supply overvoltage. It is designed for portable devices with multiple power supply options including wall adaptors, car battery adaptors and USB ports.
The LTC4362 controls an internal 40mΩ N-channel MOSFET in series with the input power supply. During overvoltage transients, the LTC4362 turns off the MOSFET within 1μs, isolating downstream components from the input supply. In most applications, the LTC4362 rides through inductive cable transients without requiring transient voltage suppressors or other external components. An internal current sense resistor is used to implement overcurrent protection.
The LTC4362 has a delayed start-up at plug-in and controlled dV/dt ramp-up for inrush current limiting. A PWRGD pin provides power good monitoring for VIN. The LTC4362 features a soft-shutdown controlled by the ON pin and drives an optional external P-channel MOSFET for negative voltage protection. Following an overvoltage condition, the LTC4362 automatically restarts with a 130ms delay. After an overcurrent fault, the LTC4362-1 remains off while the LTC4362-2 automatically restarts after a 130ms delay.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1575A||LTC4362-1/LTC4362-2 Overvoltage/Overcurrent Protector with LatchOff/Auto-Retry||$50.00|
- USB Protection
- Handheld Computers
- Cell/Smart Phones
- MP3/MP4 Players
- Digital Cameras
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4361-1/LTC4361-2 - Overvoltage/Overcurrent Protection Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC4365 - UV, OV and Reverse Supply Protection Controller
- LTC4366-1/LTC4366-2 - High Voltage Surge Stopper
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT4356-1 and -2 - Surge Stopper
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC4360-1/LTC4360-2 - Overvoltage Protection Controller
- LTC4415 - Dual 4A Ideal Diodes with Adjustable Current Limit
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV