LTC4360-1/LTC4360-2 - Overvoltage Protection Controller
- 2.5V to 5.5V Operation
- Overvoltage Protection Up to 80V
- No Input Capacitor or TVS Required for Most Applications
- 2% Accurate 5.8V Overvoltage Threshold
- <1μs Overvoltage Turn-Off, Gentle Shutdown
- Controls N-Channel MOSFET
- Adjustable Power-Up dV/dt Limits Inrush
- Reverse Voltage Protection (LTC4360-2)
- Power Good Output
- Low Current Shutdown (LTC4360-1)
- Available in a Tiny 8-Lead SC70 Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC4360 overvoltage protection controller safeguards 2.5V to 5.5V systems from power supply overvoltage. It is designed for portable devices with multiple power supply options including wall adaptors, car battery adaptors and USB ports.
The LTC4360 controls an external N-channel MOSFET in series with the input power supply. During overvoltage transients, the LTC4360 turns off the MOSFET within 1μs, isolating downstream components from the input supply. Inductive cable transients are absorbed by the MOSFET and load capacitance. In most applications, the LTC4360 provides protection from transients up to 80V without requiring transient voltage suppressors or other external components.
The LTC4360 has a delayed start-up and an adjustable dV/dt ramp-up for inrush current limiting. A PWRGD pin provides power good monitoring for VIN. Following an overvoltage condition, the LTC4360 automatically restarts with a start-up delay. The LTC4360-1 features a soft shutdown controlled by the ON pin, while the LTC4360-2 controls an optional external P-channel MOSFET for negative voltage protection.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1505A||LTC4360-1/LTC4360-2 Overvoltage Protection Controller with Shutdown/Reverse Voltage Protection||$50.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- USB Protection
- Handheld Computers
- Cell/Smart Phones
- MP3/MP4 Players
- Digital Cameras
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4365 - Overvoltage, Undervoltage and Reverse Supply Protection Controller
- LTC4361-1/LTC4361-2 - Overvoltage/Overcurrent Protection Controller
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT4356-1 and LT4356-2 - Surge Stopper
- LTC4366 - High Voltage Surge Stopper
- LTC4362-1/LTC4362-2 - 1.2A Overvoltage/ Overcurrent Protector
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: