LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
- Reduces Power Dissipation by Replacing a Power Schottky Diode
- Wide Operating Voltage Range: 4V to 80V
- Reverse Input Protection to – 40V
- Low 9μA Shutdown Current
- Low 150μA Operating Current
- Smooth Switchover without Oscillation
- Controls Single or Back-to-Back N-Channel MOSFETs
- Available in 6-Lead (2mm × 3mm) DFN and 8-Lead MSOP Packages
The LTC®4359 is a positive high voltage, ideal diode controller that drives an external N-channel MOSFET to replace a Schottky diode. It controls the forward-voltage drop across the MOSFET to ensure smooth current delivery without oscillation even at light loads. If a power source fails or is shorted, a fast turn-off minimizes reverse current transients. A shutdown mode is available to reduce the quiescent current to 9μA for load switch and 14μA for ideal diode applications.
When used in high current diode applications, the LTC4359 reduces power consumption, heat dissipation, voltage loss and PC board area. With its wide operating voltage range, the ability to withstand reverse input voltage, and high temperature rating, the LTC4359 satisfies the demanding requirements of both automotive and telecom applications. The LTC4359 also easily ORs power sources in systems with redundant supplies.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1502A||LTC4359DCB Demoboard: 12V, 20A Ideal Diode with Reverse Input Protection||$75.00|
|DC1676A||LTC4359DCB Demoboard: 28V, 20A Ideal Diode and Switch with Reverse Input Protection||$75.00|
- Automotive Battery Protection
- Redundant Power Supplies
- Supply Holdup
- Telecom Infrastructure
- Computer Systems/Servers
- Solar Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC4357 - Positive High Voltage Ideal Diode Controller
- LTC4370 - Two-Supply Diode-OR Current Balancing Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC4366-1/LTC4366-2 - High Voltage Surge Stopper
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.